P. vittata - a week of pics

Enn49

Arachnosquire
She's been out and about a lot this week so I thought I'd post a few pics of her.

Well camouflaged

This was what greeted me this morning

titanT

Arachnosquire
Really nice setup for your p.vittata, might have to start using moss after seeing how good your viv looks with it. Ha! would love to get a pokie, cant believe how lucky i got an hour ago, managed to get a good night pic of my OBT to show you! ill post it on your other thread tomorrow.:happy:

---------- Post added 08-07-2014 at 11:32 PM ----------

Oohh and i should mention nice T too. Lol is that a fake background that came with the tank?

Enn49

Arachnosquire
Really nice setup for your p.vittata, might have to start using moss after seeing how good your viv looks with it. Ha! would love to get a pokie, cant believe how lucky i got an hour ago, managed to get a good night pic of my OBT to show you! ill post it on your other thread tomorrow.:happy:

---------- Post added 08-07-2014 at 11:32 PM ----------

Oohh and i should mention nice T too. Lol is that a fake background that came with the tank?
She's my sons T really but I love her to bits. Everyone says they are fast, aggressive etc. but she is very calm. I watch her like a hawk during maintenance but so far she just sits and watches me.

The background was off EBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/jacqu-rhi..._Spiders_Insects&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562). He makes them to the size you want and you can trim them if necessary. I plan on getting some more in the future.

I look forward to seeing your OBT.

cold blood

Staff member
I agree, that is a beautiful enclosure and t. I have a young one (1.75"), that's a nice inspiration for its adult living quarters when the time comes.

titanT

Arachnosquire
Thanks, ill check the link out, that background would look great in my Lp tank,:happy:

Enn49

Arachnosquire
I agree, that is a beautiful enclosure and t. I have a young one (1.75"), that's a nice inspiration for its adult living quarters when the time comes.
Thank you. I'm surprised how quickly she grew, more than doubled her size since she came in November and is now about 6.5" at full stretch so you'll soon be needing that bigger tank lol.

---------- Post added 08-08-2014 at 01:11 PM ----------

Thanks, ill check the link out, that background would look great in my Lp tank,:happy:
Just remember how quickly they grow, I'd wait until it's ready for it's adult home. My 2 will eventually go into vivs and I shall buy some backgrounds for them then.

My bigger one was climbing the side of the tub last night and I think I saw some legs of the little one so maybe he's gaining confidence at last.

titanT

Arachnosquire
Thx.. I just rehoused my LP from a 7½ gallon (the tank with my cyclosternum fasciatum) to its new adult home last week, its around 40-50 gallon at a guess. Yeah they do get alot of confidence as they mature, mines out in the open more frequently since rehousing him, glad to hear there gaining confidence.