p.regalis breeding question?

spiderlord_24_7

Arachnopeon
so i have had the male in the females cage for 2 days now. alot of drumming and the female following the male. i let the females top off her cage so the male can lead to neutral territory, and still i did not see an insert. so is there any sign's to telling if the insert has happened? if they had done it while i was away? because i have 2 other females i need him for? thanks for the help.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Keep them together for a month or 2. They could be mating while you are asleep at night. They are typically more active after all the lights are out

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If you co habited they could have done it without you knowing already. If you have no other females to mate I would leave them together for a few more days then maybe start thinking about passing him to someone else for a try. Most people co habit their MM's and females for a period and if they have more females they start rotating the MM. After all the females are mated they start cycling the MM back through the female’s tanks again a few days at a time till the MM expires. Then you wait...........

After a week or two after the mating I let the tanks start to dry out. I still offer food like normal. And after about 6-8 weeks depending on the weight gain seen I start misting more and more till the female seals herself off in an area of her choosing. If she seals herself off but then opens the hide area again feed her again till she seals herself off again.
Once sealed off like that ether you are getting a sac soon or a molt and only time will tell. The breeding reports area for these guys has some great info from other breeders as well you should check it out. Good luck!

spiderlord_24_7

Arachnopeon
so theres no excess web building or tell tale signs of the insert? moods? etc? i just halfto wait?

Arachno_Shack

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
so theres no excess web building or tell tale signs of the insert? moods? etc? i just halfto wait?
Well, besides what Ryan said, if she starts asking for ice cream and pickles, that might be an indicator...lol...{D

Seriously though, the breeding reports are an extremely useful tool. Sometimes, I spend countless hours reading through all of them.

Good Luck!

Tim

spiderlord_24_7

Arachnopeon
yes, i'v red that thing a million times, but i still have some unanswered questions.

i should be misting the cage regularly untill she makes a sac right? 75-80deg. heat right. dimm light. am i doing anything wronge? i opened the top of the females cage and the male led the female out but when they got out, they froze. not a movement for an hour! so i got them back into the cage, and they started drumming all day! will they eventually insert? the male just keeps running?

sorry for being anoying. i just want this to work out.

Arachno_Shack

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
when they got out, they froze. not a movement for an hour! so i got them back into the cage, and they started drumming all day! will they eventually insert? the male just keeps running?

Well, with my pair, they got into freeze mode, and I waited, and waited, and FINALLY, he dove in, got an insert, and then got the heck out of there. I never bothered any of my pairs when they didn't "hook up". I let them do what they wanted, and I took care of the rest. If you can, take the male back out for a week or so, and re-introduce him. This may provoke him to do his thing.

BTW, how far out of molt is she?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If anything you can take the MM out for a few days, maybe a week then introduce him again after you see a fresh sperm web. If the female is a rude girl toward him then well that might be the answer to the "is she bred" question because bred females get pissy with male company being present.

And once you are confident there was a pairing stop misting her tank for 6-8 weeks, leave only a water dish. Then resume misting.

spiderlord_24_7

Arachnopeon
so i take out the male, let him eat and make another sperm web, then introduce him again. and if the female is non-responsive then that usually meens that he has inserted. so then do i let the male make another sperm web before i introduce him to female #2?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If female #1 is not receptive, then you can just move over take him out and place him with female #2 and see what happens.

The easy way to do this, because I can see you are overthinking it, is to take him out, wait to see a new sperm web or if it goes longer then a week assume he made one and you missed it, then co habit him with female #2 for a week or more. Take him out let him rest eat and drink for a few days, then shuffle him to female #3 if you have one, if not then shuffle him back to #1. Do this over and over again till the male dies or is killed.

OR the female seals herself off and seems to want to be left alone.

spiderlord_24_7

Arachnopeon
ok. i can do that. this is my first time breeding t's so thanks for the help. i hope it all goes well.

tacoma0680

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
P regalis Breeding

When I breed the Pokies I let the male in the cage close it up and let them have some nice time together I let them alone in the dark warm spider room so they can do there thing. I have never seen them breed and have had my females drop sacs. If you dont want to do this then you can put the male in the cage once you see them doing there drumming thing then put them in a dark room and wait for a couple of hours then take him out do that a couple of times.