P. platyomma keepers

Jakob

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How do you guys keep these beauties humidity wise?

Also, approx. how big do they get?

Thanks in advance!

Jake

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I'm keeping mine just like most of my other spiders... It workes fine for him.

From what I've heard the females get about 25 cm, which is about 10", please correct me if I'm wrong.

Dennis

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This is a male I have on loan. He's about 8". He's bred two females and one REALLY looks like she may give me an egg sac soon.

Botar

VinCe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I keep all my pamphos 80 humi/80 temp.

P.platyomma gets 9 inch+

MrBaronIsBack

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Who has those guys for sale? My fiancee loves them and I'm thinking of getting one for her. Also, where do they come from and what's their attitude and venom like?

Inuleki

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Swifty has em, listed as Vitalus platyomma... from brazil.... they're kinda flighty... no clue about how mean the venom is....

I think that was all your ?'s

The Red Queen

Mrs. TarCan
Originally posted by Botar
This is a male I have on loan. He's about 8". He's bred two females and one REALLY looks like she may give me an egg sac soon.

Botar
WOW! There's my little guy! Botar, I miss him:(

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Glad to see you on here Red Queen. He's hanging in there. He's a big hit at the school talks I do. People are amazed at his colors. I'm fairly certain we'll get eggs from one of the females. We'll just have to see if that translates into slings.

Botar

MrBaronIsBack

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Okay, Inuleki has me confused. I checked Swifty and the pic he has on his site for V. platyomma is not the same as the pics I see here. Does he have the wrong pic posted on his site or is this species sexually dimorphic?

VinCe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The pic shown on Swifty is a female and the pic shown here is a male :D Hope that clears it up for you.

Inuleki

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yeah, there is a definate sexual dimorphism between males and females.... the males are gorgeous, but i think the females have their own charm, lovely tones, evil looking little horns (starburst on the carapace) above the eyes.... and the size... mmmm...

-Joshua

The Red Queen

Mrs. TarCan
Originally posted by Botar
Glad to see you on here Red Queen. He's hanging in there. He's a big hit at the school talks I do. People are amazed at his colors. I'm fairly certain we'll get eggs from one of the females. We'll just have to see if that translates into slings.
I take my spiders to a lot of schools in the area, and he always was one of the favorites, even when he was little. It's too bad that my two prettiest T's are both out on loans, lol! For the record, the other is a B. smithi. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the eggs/slings.

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My platyomma is about 3.5" and is VERY flighty and skittish, I just keep like my parahybana.

Andy