p.murinus sling escape

$pider

Arachnopeon
So low and behold I guess while the lid was on but not fully tight and i was grabbing a cricket my p.murinus bolted somehow? I hadn't seen him in a day or so , so i figured i'd dig up the container and see where the t was. Well no T. Should I be worried? I'm probably going to have to tear up my room looking for him. I've checked a little bit around my desk area ( where the T was ). Wish I could look more but I must leave for work. Why did it have to be this species ;).

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
lol lol

Why did it have to be this species ;).
Well this sp is the best one to lose, because it has the highest probability of survivng. :evil:
So look high and low and everything in between .... be wary of suspicious webbing. Put some screen over the vents and a rolled up rug in front of the door so he will not escape the room.

Oh yeah and send the poodle to the kennel and suspend any babysitting services temporarily.

This has been a service of your emergency broadcast system.

Good luck.;)

$pider

Arachnopeon
The thing i'm concered the most about is I have two guinea pigs that live in my room and I don't need them getting bit heh.

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The thing i'm concered the most about is I have two guinea pigs that live in my room and I don't need them getting bit heh.
Unless it is a full grown P.murinus I personally would not worry about her attacking your guinea pig myself.

thedude

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
the guinea pig would prolyl eat the spiderling

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
How large is the sling? I would look in dark places, like under your bed, dressers, etc. A flashlight will probably also be helping especially if the sling is very small. I lost a rosie, looked under my dresser and there she was.

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Most escapees rarely venture far from where they escaped. Look in every possible crack, crevice and shadow around the area and move out from there. I doubt it's left the room, seems like when other people lose tarantulas they never wander that far. My avicularia escaped, and I found her on the shelf below the one her tank is on. :rolleyes:
If you don't find it today, you can also try running a search on here for "escape" and see what methods people have used to find theirs.
Good luck!!!

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
How big is the spider?

The key is to really look EVERYWHERE. It's a pain in the backside but you have got to search every inch of every surface because spiders can get into gaps you wouldn't believe. Trust me, I lost a 1.5" P. regalis a few weeks ago. It took me an hour to search 2m of my room because I had to go over every inch of my desk, inside and out of all my clothes that were lying around, inside everything. What a nightmare.

I found my sling pretty much right next to the desk its tank was on, hiding underneath a suitcase on my floor. They really don't tend to go very far. Hopefully your guy will be easy to spot if it has its adult colours, my one was very well camo'd which didn't help, lol. Good luck with it. Remember to be gentle moving things cos you don't want to squish it (or make it mad {D )

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I had a p.murinus sling that bolted as soon as i opened its vial to transfer it into a new jar. But i found it 3 or 4 hours later in a dresser drawer! go figure! Good luck!

Duc de Blangis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Have you informed your family that there's a tarantula loose in their house yet?

But tell them not to worry because this species has the highest probability of survivng.

{D

$pider

Arachnopeon
One day i'll come across it probably. It was only an inch or so maybe less...not big at all. I let my bro and my mother know, they could care less.