P.Murinus Communal

bjbrokaw

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I want to setup a small OBT communal. What are the chances that one will end up killing the others? How much space do I need per OBT? Should I pre-dig burrows aslong with using plenty of hides?

Does anybody have pictures of sucessful P.Murinus communal setups?

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
There is always a good chance that they will kill eatch other.

bjbrokaw

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I plan to use 3 - 4 sacmates. Live plant enclosure with plenty of hides and burrows. I'm hoping they will be ok. How big of a terrarium should I use?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I would say the chances are almost 100%. I have yet to see a setup with adult obts living peacefully in it. So in my opinion it is only a matter of time before the killing begins.

bjbrokaw

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Of course you'd know you have one bad ass T if you did. {D

--the nature boy
Hahaha yeah I may still try it. I'm hoping 2 out of four will survive for sure then can be separated right before they mature. Would have two badass Ts to breed out.

Thompson08

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I know a few people who are keeping these t's together and they haven't had any problems.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Who?

I have a communal OBT tank but it's not truly 'communal' because they all have separate hides and plenty of extra room. I'm just hoping to get a mature male who will mosey his way around the females so I can get a ton of little orange demons.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I guess I shouldn't try a communal with obts then. :(
A friend of mine and a member here (Rochelle) had a colony of 5 and at about 2 years had 5 adult OBT's so I guess all you can do is try....rob

bjbrokaw

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm going to try it with some slings I'm getting from Rob. Wish me luck guys. :D

olablane

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I hope it works as well. I have a community of 7 going strong. The all live in a single webb at the top of their enclosure.