P. murinus BCF mating .. not a happy ending.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
This girl is a saint. She was paired again a short time ago and has dropped another 100% healthy sac :)
31195E12-228A-46E9-B920-4D182E4F7624.jpeg D00A0701-5A02-45B0-B172-CB695CD2323A.jpeg

DanBsTs

Dan (Not Even Cool) the Man
So I paired these guys this morning...

She's a savage. Can only hope his inserts were good.
Another one bites the dust.
requiescat in pace :angelic: hopefully that little guy was successful for you ;)
(On a side note I should really look at the post date of what I’m replying to :banghead::banghead::banghead::rofl:)

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Another one bites the dust.
requiescat in pace :angelic: hopefully that little guy was successful for you ;)
(On a side note I should really look at the post date of what I’m replying to :banghead::banghead::banghead::rofl:)
Yes ahaha i got 3 sacs from that one pairing. So he did well.

I revived the thread to share the female has produced again. Without eating her partner

Dovey

Arachnobaron
I'm glad you revived this thread. It's absolutely fascinating to watch the original video, and it's a good reminder for those who may be casually approaching breeding to see how seriously things can go bad and how fast that can happen! I'm just so glad you got a good breeding. But I don't know which would be worse, losing a boy I'd raise from a sling or getting somebody else's spider eaten during a breeding. :anxious:

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I'm glad you revived this thread. It's absolutely fascinating to watch the original video, and it's a good reminder for those who may be casually approaching breeding to see how seriously things can go bad and how fast that can happen! I'm just so glad you got a good breeding. But I don't know which would be worse, losing a boy I'd raise from a sling or getting somebody else's spider eaten during a breeding. :anxious:
If it’s my male then I just let nature run its course. If it is someone elses then I hover with the brush and tongs. I believe there is good reason for males being eaten. If it benefits the health and numbers of offspring, then I am all for it.