P Metallica eating something it shouldnt

Apestabrook

Arachnosquire
So I just got a p Metallica, I drilled cross ventilation into its enclosure and did my best to get all of the holes Smoothed out with a file. However it looks as though she's managed to find a piece that I missed and has it in her fangs. It's been just sitting there for a couple of hours, I'm thinking sooner or later she'll just spit it out because it's obviously not food but I'm a little bit concerned. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Attachments

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Sigh... kids!

"Get that out of your mouth! You don't know where it's been!"

But seriously - she'll lose interest and drop it eventually. I wouldn't worry about it. At least you know she can't swallow it or stuff it up her nose - unlike human children!

Apestabrook

Arachnosquire
Sigh... kids!

"Get that out of your mouth! You don't know where it's been!"

But seriously - she'll lose interest and drop it eventually. I wouldn't worry about it. At least you know she can't swallow it or stuff it up her nose - unlike human children!
Lol!!! I wasn't too worried because it's not like she can suck it up through her fangs or anyting

Apestabrook

Arachnosquire
Is she holding it with her fangs or is it stuck?
She was just holding it, I came home from work and she's dropped it now though.
Perhaps I'm misinformed but I was told that with P Metallica's you should mist the leaves in their enclosure so they can drink off of them. I'm also seeing information saying not to get their enclosures too wet. Which one is correct

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
At that size, I misted mine twice a week, and I did not do it a lot by any means just one or so good squirts and that's it. You could probably get by with doing it once a week. Does she also have a water dish? If so then I'd only mist once a week, nothing special. Mine didn't have a water dish until she was over 1.5 inches.

Darth Molt

Arachnosquire
She was just holding it, I came home from work and she's dropped it now though.
Perhaps I'm misinformed but I was told that with P Metallica's you should mist the leaves in their enclosure so they can drink off of them. I'm also seeing information saying not to get their enclosures too wet. Which one is correct
That small I would spray a little never wet just a little spray or add a super small water bowl if it eases your mind

Apestabrook

Arachnosquire
At that size, I misted mine twice a week, and I did not do it a lot by any means just one or so good squirts and that's it. You could probably get by with doing it once a week. Does she also have a water dish? If so then I'd only mist once a week, nothing special. Mine didn't have a water dish until she was over 1.5 inches.
No water dish, slightly wet substrate and I misted the leaves twice

That small I would spray a little never wet just a little spray or add a super small water bowl if it eases your mind
Yeah I just did two mists, enough to get some water beads

Last edited by a moderator:

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
That's its enclosure zoomed out, if that gives you a better idea of size.
Aww, I remember when mine was that little! Slings are just so cute! My P. subfusca came in a vial like that and I transferred it to a 32 oz. salad bar container once I got him home from the reptile expo. I find it has an easier time to get the lid off without spooking the T. But definitely yours is ready for an upgrade in another moult or so if not sooner. ;) One thing is that at that size it's really fun to watch them drink the water beads off the sides of the cup/vial. My C. versicolor absolutely LOVES doing this now, I need to get some video one of these evenings.

Apestabrook

Arachnosquire
I may have put too many holes but the beads don't stay very long before evaporating