P.Metallica Breeding

Vnckenneth

Arachnopeon
Hi guys can you give me some advice on breeding my pmet, because im getting frustrated on mine. What happens is I got my MF P.Met 7"+ on january 2019, fed her every day some juvie dubias for a week and by the second week, i mated it with my MM at around 6"+ for exactly a month, so by the second week of february I separated them, and as usual i feed my female once a week after that, then <edit> happens at march first week she molted. then I tried again at second week of march power feed for 1 week, then at the 3rd week of march i started to communal mate her with my MM pmet again for 1 month again, at april 3rd week i took my male again. then in may she looks gravid, candle lit her and half of her abdomen is lighting part of her is forming. but now earlier this morning at june 15 she molted again, i think theres something wrong, with me or my pokie haha so guys can you help me out and give me some advice, feeding, temps, misting.

P.S. I got a 6"+ pmet also and mated with my MM too and same <edit> keeps on happenning, half gravid then molted after a month or so. Thanks in advance guys

Last edited by a moderator:

Voes

Arachnopeon
Did the Male ever make a sperm web or did you notice sperm web trimmings on his embroil? If not, dude could be firing blanks at them chicks.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
A 7''+ P. metallica??? That's impossible. P. metallica's are a average size pokie with most maxing at 6'' and on rare cases being 6.5'' (but never seen one that size in person). It's either your measurements are off or you have some really monstrous size P. metallica's.

Your issue is your feeding, if you're feeding once a week you're obviously speeding up the molting process with the feeding frequency plus your warm climate temperatures. Seriously calm down on the feeding at least and can I see a picture of the 7''+ P. metallica with actual measurements?? Because a 7''+ P. metallica is unheard of for me.

cold blood

Staff member
can I see a picture of the 7''+ P. metallica with actual measurements?? Because a 7''+ P. metallica is unheard of for me.
yeah i thought the same thing...if its a 7+" pokie, its probably not metallica...lol. Its like saying i have a 40lb Chihuahua....lol

Your issue is your feeding, if you're feeding once a week you're obviously speeding up the molting process with the feeding frequency
feeding frequency can slow the molt process, but it cant speed the process.

Vnckenneth

Arachnopeon
Hi guys! Im really really sorry. just checked her size she's around 6"+ and my other female is around 5" haha please give me some more advice :( how often should i feed them after the 1 month communal or how to control the temperaments etc. Thank you guys

Heres a pic of ma baby

Did the Male ever make a sperm web or did you notice sperm web trimmings on his embroil? If not, dude could be firing blanks at them chicks.
Yesss in the 1 month span of keeping them communal ive seen the male make spermwebs

Attachments

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hi guys can you give me some advice on breeding my pmet, because im getting frustrated on mine. What happens is I got my MF P.Met 7"+ on january 2019, fed her every day some juvie dubias for a week and by the second week, i mated it with my MM at around 6"+ for exactly a month, so by the second week of february I separated them, and as usual i feed my female once a week after that, then <edit> happens at march first week she molted. then I tried again at second week of march power feed for 1 week, then at the 3rd week of march i started to communal mate her with my MM pmet again for 1 month again, at april 3rd week i took my male again. then in may she looks gravid, candle lit her and half of her abdomen is lighting part of her is forming. but now earlier this morning at june 15 she molted again, i think theres something wrong, with me or my pokie haha so guys can you help me out and give me some advice, feeding, temps, misting.

P.S. I got a 6"+ pmet also and mated with my MM too and same <edit> keeps on happenning, half gravid then molted after a month or so. Thanks in advance guys
Never bred them, but my friend is THE expert here in the USA for breeding them. I believe he said humidity is certainly a factor, and another serious breeder of this one also observed the same.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hi guys! Im really really sorry. just checked her size she's around 6"+ and my other female is around 5" haha please give me some more advice :( how often should i feed them after the 1 month communal or how to control the temperaments etc. Thank you guys

Heres a pic of ma baby
It is the smallest in the genus. Around 5 inches is average!

cold blood

Staff member
Yesss in the 1 month span of keeping them communal ive seen the male make spermwebs
communal pairings increase the liklihood of only one thing....the male getting munched.

I pair pokies once...they generally get to it pretty quickly....if they dont, thats not a good sign.

Vnckenneth

Arachnopeon
communal pairings increase the liklihood of only one thing....the male getting munched.

I pair pokies once...they generally get to it pretty quickly....if they dont, thats not a good sign.
My male is on a 3rd time on a 1 month communal, so far he's still alive. What happened to your pairing is it successful?

Never bred them, but my friend is THE expert here in the USA for breeding them. I believe he said humidity is certainly a factor, and another serious breeder of this one also observed the same.
Hope you can give me more advice. Can you ask your friend more for specific details? And what should i do with the humidity? Should i increase the misting? Or etc. Thank you very much

cold blood

Staff member
My male is on a 3rd time on a 1 month communal, so far he's still alive. What happened to your pairing is it successful?
Ive bred several Poecilothera species.
It literally takes one single insertion, they dont need to be paired over and over.