P. irminia sling

spock

Arachnopeon
Greetings, any tips on these guys. just got one as a freebie. thanks in advance

Exo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Greetings, any tips on these guys. just got one as a freebie. thanks in advance
Keep them like any of the other arboreals.....and here's hoping that it "lives long and prospers". ;)

jayefbe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Psalmos, in my experience, love to burrow when young. I even have a ~4" cambridgei that has a pretty impressive burrow system. Be sure to give it a good amount of substrate and don't be too surprised when it goes straight underground and puts dirt curtains up everywhere.

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Psalmos, in my experience, love to burrow when young. I even have a ~4" cambridgei that has a pretty impressive burrow system. Be sure to give it a good amount of substrate and don't be too surprised when it goes straight underground and puts dirt curtains up everywhere.
Yep.. My freebie P. irminia has molted twice now the 2 months I've had it exactly 1 month between. I keep mine in a 3x3x6 crafting cube with cross ventilation and keep the substrate (eco earth coco coir) damp so it holds structure and humidity. No issues with mites other than small white substrate mites which do not seem to bother nor harm the T.

They are veracious feeders and like to stalk their prey. Mine has also burrowed in each enclosure and built a nice "dirt curtain" tube as well an access hole from underneath where it can capture prey.

Mine has more than doubled it's size in 2 months and the chevron patterns and orange coloration are to die for.

Love it sooo much!

jcornish86

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i recently picked one up as well, it was in a small deli cont, i moved it into a cube for its size and by the folowing morning it had already constructed the "curtains", tends to stay at the entrance waiting to be fed.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Keep their cage moist, not sopping wet. Provide a water dish they can kind of spread out in. They're pretty secretive about drinking but will especially in premolt (plastic bottle cap works great for mine since they're little still) Make sure it's a vertical cage/keeper as they like to climb and make web tubes up high usually. The slings I'm keeping have large hollowed out tree roots as a hide. They've started making a web tunnel, sometimes more going in different directions outside one of the root ends. When they're slings, they tend to burrow and will gradually (depending on individual personality, really) nest higher up in the habitat. I have in with them a few pillbugs to keep down poop and food boluses.

....and please get pictures. Hehe! ;) :D

EDIT : Mine have yet to complete these dirt curtains I've been seeing and hearing about so much. Nike only has a few pieces of moss on "her's" and that's it.

Last edited: