P Irminia growth speed

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'v read these guys are somewhat fast growers, but how are they compared to pokies or avics for example?

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Moderately fast, but not as fast as cambridgei or pulcher, and not as fast Poecs.

sbullet

Arachnoknight
cambridgei's grow at an ungodly fast rate. lol. 2 molts ahead of my irminia always. have had it molt twice in one month starting at 2.5''

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
When i got mine it was an inch and now after a year it is 4” if that helps =)

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks, that certainly helps. Mine is probably close to 3/4 of an inch, so obviously I have a while to go before I start seeing anything that impressive. Keeping my fingers crossed for female.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Keeping my fingers crossed for female.
Best way to get a female is to buy 3 slings of a species at a time. Otherwise you can easily invest a year or two in a male and have to start all over.

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
Best way to get a female is to buy 3 slings of a species at a time. Otherwise you can easily invest a year or two in a male and have to start all over.
Or send the male off and get half a sac. Get a few hundred slings, you're guaranteed a female that way, too.

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm hoping for a female, but if I end up with a male I know I can always send the male off and get a few slings. I don't think we're seeing it the same. It's not a race or a competition in which I'll have to "start all over" if I end up with a male. I can't just go around buying multiple individuals of the same species due to finances and available space. I hope to become a big collector and breed a few someday, but that'll be when I have a place of my own and a steady source of income. Ts might be cheaper than most exotics, but they still cost some money to care for you know ;)

Kazaam

Arachnobaron
Growth speed depends a lot if not entirely on the conditions the spider is living in.

jellyfishrhythm

Arachnopeon
I received a P. irminia sling as a freebie with an order, teeny-tiny little bugger, maybe 3rd instar. I didn't notice a ton of growth after the first two molts with me, but once he/she got to molt #3, he/she exploded. Literally. The Jabberwocky (I name all of my spiders) has easily surpassed all of the other slings I received right around that time, and shows no signs of slowing down. The fact that he/she never turns down a meal probably helps, too ;-) ...evil little sucker. Though, I gotta say, on the whole, out of all my little ones, the fastest grower is my OBT. Holy cow. Rapidly expanding furry orange ball of hate.

Yentlequible

Arachnoknight
out of all my little ones, the fastest grower is my OBT. Holy cow. Rapidly expanding furry orange ball of hate.
Tell me about it... My first OBT is still a little sling, and he's molted 3 times with me already in just a couple months. This last molt nearly doubled his size and all of his orange colors just came out of nowhere.