P. irminia female ate her eggs :(

newspidermom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
As noted in previous post my female dropped her eggs last night, but did not have enough webbing beneath eggs to roll a sac. Eggs were laying on sub and I was pretty sure she'd end up eating them. Checked on her this morning and she was having eggs for breakfast:( I was soooo bummed. What I need to know from you all is how soon can I try with her again? I think I still have time before she molts out if I find another male soon enough and I'm hoping she knows better next time.

advan

oOOo
Staff member
How big is she? When was her last molt? If she is an adult and molted right before you paired her, give it another shot. If your lucky she might make another sack without another visit from a male. :D Good luck and sorry to hear this.

newspidermom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I don't know what her full molt cycles are, but when I mated her in Nov. I was told by her previous owner that she was 2mos post molt so that would put her about 4mos post molt now. Basing it on the fact that most adults can take up to a year to molt I'd be willing to try again if I get a male soon.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
well i had a adult female P. formosa, and she molted...then 1 month after her molt, i paired her with my MM..she tried to kill him...so I fed her up good that night...next day i tossed him in, and left him overnight...then found the male eaten the next day...1 month later she molted again..so the molts were 2 months apart.....but try again...you might get lucky!

Kris-wIth-a-K

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Usually, from what I hear, you'll have to wait until she molts again.. the length between molts shortened drastically after having a sac compared to a normal molt cycle.. you can try but most likely a molt will intervene with the egg production process..
Sorry to hear that.. my girl laid her sac on the 6th officially making it the first p. Irminia egg sac of the year. Anyways in my opinion people feed the female too much after the mating which could be considered power feeding which would also shorter or force a molt making the breeding pointless.. irrelevant but throwing it out there

Kris

roaddog

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Feed her and pair her again! I always get a double clutch my P. irminia. I am going for a triple this time! Take care of the male I am sending :)