P. Iminia sling help

torioxford

Arachnopeon
Hey guys, I am brand new to this forum but I have begun collecting a few tarantulas and am experiencing a little different situation. So. I received a P. Iminia who is 2 inches in diameter. When I first got him he was in a small deli cup. I fed him a dubian and he took it right away. Then I transferred him to a new cage. The cage is much larger than the cup he was in, but the exotics shop I got him from suggested that container. Since he has been in the new cage, he has only moved once, to lay straight against the mopani wood. He has not moved or reciprocated food the entire day. When he did move it was very slow.

I have yet to Witness a molt or premolt since I only have 3 slings so I don’t really know what is going on. I called the shop and they didn’t seem to know either.

Can someone give me advice or tell me what I’m doing wrong? I’ve been keeping the cage humid, I have eco earth in there, a hide, moapani wood, a fake plant and a water dish. He ate only one cockroach in my care and I’ve had him 2 days. I also want to add he has not webbed or done any digging or even climbed the cage.

checkmate

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If it's only been 2 days, give it time to settle in. Some will settle in and feed right away, some will take some time. I've had a few Ts take weeks to settle in and eat.

torioxford

Arachnopeon
If it's only been 2 days, give it time to settle in. Some will settle in and feed right away, some will take some time. I've had a few Ts take weeks to settle in and eat.
Thank you I really appreciate that

cold blood

Staff member
With that enclosure, considering its top only ventilation....err on the drier side. This is a very drought tolerant species that doesn't always need it to be damp. Ignore humidity, it's not relevant. just dampen an area when it dries out.

Just give it time the setup looks good.

torioxford

Arachnopeon
With that enclosure, considering its top only ventilation....err on the drier side. This is a very drought tolerant species that doesn't always need it to be damp. Ignore humidity, it's not relevant. just dampen an area when it dries out.

Just give it time the setup looks good.
Thank you so much I really appreciate the feedback.

cold blood

Staff member
And don't worry about the size of the enclosure, this is a very fast, very good eating species. They do well with more room.

cold blood

Staff member
Red heating lamp for a crested Gecko.
I read that the Red light does not harm arachnids (but I could be wrong?)
No lights harm ts, they just hide from it usually.

But you dont want to use a heat lamp with them....not that you are...just sayin'

Jayvicularia

Small Batch Seller
My irminia sling got inactive for a couple weeks after rehousing but then became my most active T.