• P. striata

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • P. Rufilata

Votes: 17 42.5%

• Total voters

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
do the purple highlights show up in regular lighting or only when you shine bright light on them? I am in a bind between deciding between formosa striata or ornata. I'm gonna go ahead and do a poll. tell me which one you vote for and why. thanks john

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
rufilata. I love the color, the blue ventral bands, and the SIZE! I have a couple of all the species in your poll except the striata and I'd have to chose the rufi as my favorite.

Andrew vV

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by johnnyjohnjon
do the purple highlights show up in regular lighting or only when you shine bright light on them?
Mostly when you shine a bright light on them:)

bluerich74

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
John;I have all 3 pokies youre wanting.The one thing I can tell you is that my formosa is always out in the open where as the rest of my pokies seem to want to hide.I dont know if thats a general rule tho...Rich

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
None of my pokies tend to hide, actually. I'd definately not opt for the striata though - higher prices combined with a relatively undistinct appearance doesn't tempt me to buy this species.

I'd advise ornata, then formosa. Here's some pictures of my formosa to get an idea of the purple...

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
P. formosa is a great T. It's the poor man's P. miranda, IMO. You won't see the purple that often, but the overall lightness of the T is something that's really nice looking. They also have a reputation for being alot less skittish than the other pokes.

Bill

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
P. rufilata tied with P. striata

I would have to say these two tie in my humble opinion. If I had to choose between the two I'd say P. rufie. I just love the way they look!

Peace,

paul

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I can't see the purple in my formosa at all, unless I'm looking at a photograph of it! Also, it's the most skittish pokie I have, he's a real spaz.
I have a thing for ornata, out of the 4 you mentioned...