P. Cancerides

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
What do you want to know? They get big, grow fast, have a terrible attitude (which is what I like)

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
And they eat voraciously! Everything is POUNCE! Can I eat it?

Juraki

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If you find other posts in my profile, I have posted a few times with more detail but will keep it short here. They are very hardy, fast growing, and fearless. You really have to be carefull to not feed them too large a prey item because they will attack anything you give them and won't stop eating it until they look ready to pop.

Or for the short version.. They are very fun slings. If you like cranky, then they'll be fun as adults too.

duente

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
what's with their colouring?it's described as "Haitian brown" but i've seen "purple" ones and "bronze" ones always stated as P.cancerides.is it just a variation because of origin or some other cause or does it have to do with male/female's different colours as adults?

Juraki

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The ones with lots of bright purple highlights are mature males, the females tend to be more bronze with only faint purple. Spiderlings are an iridescent dark blue.

Midnightcowboy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
P. cancerides are one of my favourite species:D REALLY angry at the slightest disturbance, and never fails to grab a prey item. They are voracious feeders and get big. You'll love them!

Stewart

lta3398

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What MidnightCowboy said....Mine gets very defensive over water! It will pounce on anything I put into the enclosure, so stick to insects, and DO NOT overfeed! Mine will keep going until I run out of crix if I let it....But all in all, I love the species:)