Otb Escaped

Kazmins T's

Arachnopeon
oh <EDIT>, i just found out that my obt escaped..... any one have any ideas how to catch him... my g/f is a little ticked at me and now we are staying at her moms... anyways i want to find it alive be fore she makes me bomb the house...

Last edited by a moderator:

bigo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
first isolate the room that the tarantula escape close all doors and cracks then start of the tank in a circle pattern going out wards look in dark place or under furniture good luck. how big is it ? how long is it no the run for ?

bigo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
first isolate the room that the tarantula escape close all doors and cracks then start of the tank in a circle pattern going out wards look in dark place or under furniture good luck. how big is it ? how long is it on the run for ?

Kazmins T's

Arachnopeon
on the run for bout 3 days... and its in my living room(the cage) but now it could be anywhere in the house its 3-4 in.

james41777

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
well..if the tarantula is arboreal, it would probably be hiding on curtains, shelves, (high places)
if it's terrestrial..than probably it'd be near the ground.
Close the door of the room where it escaped..just in case it's still in the room.

also, try putting water dishes on the floor, and check and midnight-ish.
this worked for me once.

Potemkin

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Look in all the places you would want to be if you were a tarantula. Anywhere dark and warm is a good place to start. Leave out some water dishes and wait around there for it. Worse comes to worse, lay out some sticky traps.

kraken

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have had 2 obt's escape and none of them wandered for more than ten feet.They are not a wandering species.It will be onder something,or in a crack in something near the floor. If it was near a fridege,its there.I found both mine under my dresser in between two books. Set it a few hiodes in some darkk spaces.It will find them and use them..

Sarah.S

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
obt's tend to like dark off the ground places to hide ( well my female does anyway) and it wont be far from its tank unless its been scared away from it. Check in places like the back of draws and funiture book case backs and sides and tv stands and cupboards would also be good places to look. Also any boxs that you might have nearby that it could get into and are dark and not likely to be disturbed. Checking under and behind any seating thats near the tank might also be a good idea.