ornata web

taorchard1987

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey all, i was just wondering if anybody could tell me roughly how long a p.ornata takes to start webbing? obviously i no it depends, but i want to know from other peoples experiences.
thanks
tom

Squirrelcore8

Arachnopeon
How big is it?
What is your setup consist of? Does it have forest like crap to stick web to?

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i find that with pokies they like to web more INSIDE things. Like if you have a cork barb piece of tube they realy like those, they go inside and web it up to their liking, unlike how an avic will setup the nice tube webs

MRL

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Midnightrdr456 said:
i find that with pokies they like to web more INSIDE things. Like if you have a cork barb piece of tube they realy like those, they go inside and web it up to their liking, unlike how an avic will setup the nice tube webs
I don't know about that. I have one of those ceramic tube things glued to the side of the enclosure for subfusca and rufilata. Both spiders never webbed anything inside in fact the rufi made a huge web outside the ceramic piece across to the side of the tank, funny enough it spends most its time in the ceramic. I also did something similar with the larger regalis I have, in that I glued cork bark the shape of a half circle to the corner of the tank and it webbed around not inside the area. As for when they start webbing, I don't know but I kind of think that once they are approaching premolt they web much more (make noticable amounts). I noticed this with the all the pokies, even spiderlings.

Last edited:

brova golin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I recived my p regalis at bout 12 2day and she has already covered 1 side of her tank, i wouldnt worry me last one took over a month before it did.

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well I only have 1 pokie (just going by things I have seen more than anything) and it is only a sling. So it was jsut speculation.

MFL - 1
Me - 0

:D :clap:

MRL

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Midnightrdr456 said:
well I only have 1 pokie (just going by things I have seen more than anything) and it is only a sling. So it was jsut speculation.

MFL - 1
Me - 0

:D :clap:
SHERI is the devil. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well I have 2 ornata's an adult female and a sub-adult male and neither one has ever webbed much at all so going on my limited experience with this species I would say they are not much of webbers... Greg

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
my ornata was purchased at 3" and didn't do any webbing for a week or two but it eventually made a little tube style web behind its cork bark. it covered the web up with substrate too.

stooka

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
well with my pokies its like this-P.metallica has quite abit of webbing between bark and side of tank but dont stay in it atall.P.formosa both made alot of web inside cork and both live in same hole happily together.P.regalis made most web and covered in dirt.P.ornata has no webbing atall.she hasnt since ive had her wen she was a sling and 6yrs later still none