Ordering Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Racaryu

Arachnopeon
Hey Arachnophillics!

How many of you order spiders online? If you do, where do you order them from?

~Racaryu

xBurntBytheSunx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
just be careful that whoever you order from has a good track records...you could get screwed

Racaryu

Arachnopeon
Always a Freebie?

I am looking at swifts, a great site!
But I dont understand what a "Freebie" is...

does that mean they send you a free spider with every purchase?

Because I only want ONE spider...

Hairyspider

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
on-line ordering

you may want to check out the online dealer reviews on this web site, some great info there. My last order was from midwest.. and going to place another order with them soon. I had a great experience with them last time. I even talked to them personally. But read the reviews and do a lil price/stock comparing.

Later

Hairy

P.S Rac. yes a freebie is one they throw in for ordering. If ordering one make sure the price qualifies, they have a min purchase..

Last edited:

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
First thing I would do is check if you have someone local that sells, I myself have a great online dealer just a few minutes down the road and then I also a few shops with some pretty good selection with in driving distance, So area do you live in? Maybe we can help you find someone local. Greg

Racaryu

Arachnopeon
I live in Gainesville, FL

I am pretty sure there anren;t any Tarantula shops...

MyNameHere

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I ordered from Dean at www.tarantulastop.com. You could also browse thru the online dealer reviews to get an idea of what the 'better' dealers are.

Dean's in Oregon and I'm in TX. My spiders got here ok.

If you're set on only having one T, you might be able to request crix or something as a freebie. I've seen other people post that they got crix as a freebie. And you'll need the crix anyway, so it's not like you're getting something you have no use/want for.

Racaryu

Arachnopeon
Well, depends on the freebie... I wouldn't really mind raising two
How hard could it be?

emilsmee

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i order from Tarantulas Canada. i know he's pretty much the only reputable breeder within ordering area, but even if i could order from the states, i'd still order from martin, he's my tarantula god... he gives me my fix...lol.

MyNameHere

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Racaryu said:
Well, depends on the freebie... I wouldn't really mind raising two
How hard could it be?
Well, my whole order was 2 versi slings and I got a 3rd versi sling as a freebie. It was a complete surprise as I wasn't even expecting a freebie of any kind. It might depend on the vendor, one guy here ordered an A. versicolor and got an A. avicularia as his freebie T.

Tarantulas are truly pets of neglect. No walks at 3 am to avoid piddles on the carpet, no catbox to clean out. Get a good setup, then throw in a crick every once in a while and they're good. Adult T's will eat something like 2 or 3 cricks every couple of weeks (according to Shultz's Tarantula Keeper's Guide). For my slings I just keep crix in with them and when they stop eating I take the crix out. They're really low-maintenance pets.

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i only ordered once on line, and it was from tarcan. you can trust him. you get what you ordered.

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i never order online. i want to see what i buy. usually i e-mail the dealer, and collect the spiders on a reptile show ( don't know about America, but here in Europe there are LOTS of shows.) And i buy directly from breeders. once you get to know the people in the spider community, you quickly know who breeds what, this saves a lot of money!

Eddy

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
metallica said:
i never order online. i want to see what i buy. usually i e-mail the dealer, and collect the spiders on a reptile show ( don't know about America, but here in Europe there are LOTS of shows.) And i buy directly from breeders. once you get to know the people in the spider community, you quickly know who breeds what, this saves a lot of money!

Eddy
thats not a option here in newfoundland. the only t's i see is the ones off the net.

spidergoddess

spidergoddess
Old Timer
I can recommend the following dealers/breeders who have shipped successfully to me in Alaska: Swift's, espiderworld, Spider Patch, BotarBy8s, Dean Pittman, Josh Houston, Garrick O'Dell, and in a couple of days I'll be able to report on a shipment from Todd Gearheart. Some of the freebies I have received have been species I would never have thought to purchase, yet have become favorites (and I bought more, lol.)

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I like ordering from Swifts. They always arrive the next day and in great shape. He always sends a vial of crickets and the freebie is another spiderling. There are some other good online dealers out there as well. Botar by Eights, SpiderShoppe etc.

Randy

Arachnolord
Old Timer
does anyone know a website that ships tarantulas to malaysia ?

Status
Not open for further replies.