orange bitey thing?

Perentie

Arachnosquire
I have been looking at OBTs, and i have a question. I know they are quite reclusive, but do they come out at night any reasonable amount? If I got one i wouldn't want a pet hole... or web, as it were...

Scar

Arachnosquire
Mine never comes out. Day, night, to feed. Never. Most I ever see of mine is its front legs.

spiderengineer

Arachnoangel
I have been looking at OBTs, and i have a question. I know they are quite reclusive, but do they come out at night any reasonable amount? If I got one i wouldn't want a pet hole... or web, as it were...
mine do at night not all the time, but more often then not they will pop out, but it will vary how much they will come out.

pureabsolutevoid

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have had some that actively hunt at night, I have had some that never leave a burrow, and i have had some that never leave a tube Web they make. My only current obt is normally in its hole but randomly I will see her investigating around its enclosure.

cerialkiller

Arachnosquire
Mine turned into a pet hole after I got her , I rehoused her into an arborial set up now she's a pet tree house...lol

JadeWilliamson

Arachnoknight
I usually sleep at night but sometimes I'll see mine out from time to time if I get home late and my beardie's day light is already off. But as previously stated, it's usually just a web at the end of a burrow occasionally with some legs.

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
the best way to see youre OBT is not to feed them too often the less you feed them (not starve em) the more you'll see them out hunting.

Mine is pet hole stays in the web never comes out, that's why I feed it until it won't eat any more. once it stops eating I never check on it lol.

Marijan2

Arachnobaron
My 2 slings are never out, never saw them outside their burrows, never seen them taking prey(tho they magically take it when i dont look and take it in their burrow). Flashlight is your friend

Stirmi

Arachnosquire
my obt

my obt always seemed to be out although i just rehoused him into a new cage and he is hiding more

Boyd Blizard

Arachnopeon
I have been looking at OBTs, and i have a question. I know they are quite reclusive, but do they come out at night any reasonable amount? If I got one i wouldn't want a pet hole... or web, as it were.

I have mine in a critter keeper. No substrate. A nice piece of grapevine to make a tube web on. She rarely ever comes out. I spray her container down approx once a month, less in the winter, and she will usually (not always) come out to drink water from the sides of the enclosure. I have a couple of her slings @ 1/2" in small jars with substrate, never see them.

stormielynn

Arachnopeon
We never see our obt.....only when rehousing.......we know she's there b.c the crickets go missing. Lol

3skulls

Arachnobaron
My bigger one is in an arboreal set up, always out. She has a canopy of webs that she never leaves.
My 6 smaller ones have all burrowed with webbing covering the ground. They are out about 50% of the time. :)

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
I see all my spiders, OBT included, around an hour or so after lights are out for bed time. I tend to observe them on weekends when I don't have to get up early. :)

Crickeylynn

Arachnopeon
My OBT is out quite often. It has a burrow with a front and back door, but it also likes to hang out on the walls if her habitat too.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Mine are out regularly, more so after dark. I keep them warm (mid to high 80's daytime), so their metabolism's are higher, and maybe that's why they're more active.

Marijan2

Arachnobaron
Get M. robustum, B. klaasi, B. emilia or B. boehmei if you love orange color, activeness and non-webber

vinnymc

Arachnopeon
My dads OBT NEVER comes out of its little tube web. All I ever see is a little orange blur that's it. I know it's alive though crickets go missing.It is about 3 1/2" now. It has about 1" of potting soil.

pocopelo

Arachnopeon
My OBT ling stays at sight all day. Has not webbed that much, though its starting to day by day. My problem is that during the day, remains at sight but looks frozen. At night, im ussualy not checking on her. Guess night time is action time. Never stayed up to check on th OBT adventures past 1 am.