Opistophthalmus care

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Very cool looking scorps. But I need to know how to keep it before buying.

So, care advice? The ones available are WC O. glabrifrons.

Care similar to Heterometrus or Pandinus by any chance? I keep some, and can manage them with no issues.

Hellblazer

Arachnosquire
I keep mine dry on a deep sand and peat moss mix. Occasionally I over fill the water dish and let it run down the side to the bottom. It stays in it's burrow most of the time, but I still see it a lot also. It's a great eater and has never turned down food. 20180701_175159.jpg

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I keep mine dry on a deep sand and peat moss mix. Occasionally I over fill the water dish and let it run down the side to the bottom. It stays in it's burrow most of the time, but I still see it a lot also. It's a great eater and has never turned down food. View attachment 284499
You think pure peat would work fine?

InvertAddiction

Arachnoknight
I have 2 babies I bought from Vlad a while back..... I keep mine in coco fiber that's dry top layer with the bottom layer damp. They STAY in the damp area and I've only seen them out maybe twice ever.... Super slow growers with attitude and have only eaten twice in my care :(

Chris WT

Arachnosquire
Mine is a good eater but really fiesty, makes its "hissing" noise when I have moved it

basin79

ArachnoGod
Keep mine on a mixture of excavator clay and peat. Holds tunnels well and moisture in the bottom layers.

I really wish I got so see my gorgeous gal but she's forever in her burrow.