1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opisthacanthus asper

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by Terrena Laxamentum, Jun 12, 2018 at 8:17 AM.

1. Terrena Laxamentum

Terrena Laxamentum Arachnosquire Active Member

Advertisement
    So I just got a trip of O. asper and was curious if they are communal? I keep them seperate, but would like to know for future reference.

Attached Files:

2. pannaking22

pannaking22 Arachnoking Active Member

Beautiful scorp! I'd probably keep them separate. If nothing else, you can try keeping some together after you breed them (assuming you want to) and see how they do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Terrena Laxamentum

Thanks. Yeah I'm keeping them separate, I was just curious.

4. JavaJacketOC

JavaJacketOC Arachnosquire Arachnosupporter

SoCal
    Where did you get these from? I have a trio that were labeled O.sp CF Madagascarensis but my proven breeder male does not look like O.Madagascarensis...he has very small claws in comparison to pictures of male Madagascarensis. I'm wondering if mine are actually Asper.

5. Terrena Laxamentum

Do you have a picture of yours? How big are they? I got mine from an importer, they came in as "Cape Burrowing Scorpions".

6. JavaJacketOC

SoCal
  7. JavaJacketOC

SoCal
  8. Terrena Laxamentum

Do you happen to remember where yours were collected from? It's very similar to O. rugiceps, but I'm also unsure of the full range of O. asper, but also aware of the fact that there is a total of three color variations.

9. JavaJacketOC

SoCal
    No, unsure of where they were collected from. I got them from ken the bug guy, he was pretty confident they are madagascarensis...I'm not sure though.

10. Terrena Laxamentum

It could still very well be O. madagascarensis (or a similar species, there is about 12 on the island), since when they usually come in, they are from the island.

11. Underground Reptiles (and their many satelite locations) have these listed as well. They seemingly have come in on an import from Southern Africa in general. They are out of the madagascar locale at this time.

12. JavaJacketOC

SoCal

Mine came from a Madagascar shipment a few years ago. I've seen O.Mad's available recently but they seem to be from Africa...I could be wrong.

13. Terrena Laxamentum

I think most that came in recently are from Madagascar.