Opinions on P Metallica

Sathane

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I don't think seanbond was trying to infer that you were unemployed at all. Don't be so quick to get on the defensive.

I think what he meant was that it would be easier to get a job then to count on breeding as a main source of income. Y'know, since getting a job nowadays is difficult (with the economy screwed) and breeding Ts is never a sure thing.

Why you would think he was launching a personal attack on you is beyond me.

I have a job if that's what you, who don't know me, are tryig to get at. And it's not about the money, it's about the scarcity of these in the hobby and people selling 1/2" slings for almost 2 bones. If I were doing this for money I wouldn't call it a hobby but a job. Hah the time it would take for these to mature and then only the possibility of a sac.... Do you honestly think that i think a living can be made on one mating? Don't be so quick to inform someone else of their own incentives. I do this for fun not to pay the bills.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hah I know I'm smarter than that. Paypal is the only way I will go through with this. But you just never know how those things will go. I'll let you guys know what I decide.
I would wait and recieve the T's then send the $$$$$

seanbond

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I don't think seanbond was trying to infer that you were unemployed at all. Don't be so quick to get on the defensive.

I think what he meant was that it would be easier to get a job then to count on breeding as a main source of income. Y'know, since getting a job nowadays is difficult (with the economy screwed) and breeding Ts is never a sure thing.

Why you would think he was launching a personal attack on you is beyond me.

thank you

hahaha, tell em rob!

Sathane

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I agree completely.

Whenever I speak to a fraud victim (for an investigation) and ask them why they sent money for a deal that was way to good to be true, they almost always respond with a, "If it was true it would have been a great deal and the money wasn't that much" (or something to that effect). Don't get caught in this trap. Scammers count on this mentality. Sure, $250 isn't alot of money, compared to what you would have spent on a pair of those spiders, but you'll realize just how much money it is when you are out $250 with nothing to show for it.

As I said above, do not accept an method of payment other than something that has built in protection for the consumer. Paypal is your best bet in this case. When processing the payment through Paypal, be sure to tag the payment as 'Goods'. That way, if the seller doesn't send the T, you can file an item not received claim and the burden of proof lies on the seller to send Paypal a shipping slip showing the shipment to your location with a date that agrees with the transaction date. The seller, being the scamming loser they are, won't be able to produce this and Paypal will reimburse you.

I don't want to see you coming back here complaining that you were taken for a ride - you've been warned and guided.

However, if this does end up being legit. I will be very envious. :)

sean-820

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
for experience Mayby you should try breed parahybana or obt first ;)
and as you said 'single sling' cost isnt chipper then that pair he got offered
Raise a Red flag right there
Ive seen slings for less then 200$ so where i am it is cheaper. I agree its probably not the best species to beed for a first time, but if this thing is legit, the female alone is worth it. Assuming this is legit and he just wants a quick sale its a great deal, but dont send unless you can see alot of pictures. Tell him to put them by random items (hairclip, brush, apple...) or whatever to see he actually has them and so he doesnt just take pics from the internet and claim they are his. I wouldnt trust him though if he cant prove he even has them in the first place or claims he doesnt have a camera.

F3lix

Arachnopeon
To make things safer, ask him to take a picture of the T's with piece of paper with his name, date, and e-mail adress written on it in one shot. And echoing the use of paypal. Of course this won't guantee anything but it will better the odds, which is all you can do. But this picture along with saved emails and paypal reciepts will build you a strong case if things do turn south.

JDeRosa

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Be sure they are selling from within the US...if that's where you're from anyway.

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
At that price, I would only deal with someone I personally knew.