Opinions on H. gabonensis

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
I just want to know what you all think of this species? I'm thinking about getting a few in a few days.

Last edited:

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
I like the villosella more, personally, but theyre pretty much identical except for appearance. I dont own any yet, but i did the research a good while ago.
Crazy webbing, speeeeeeed demons, small size, reports of successful (and unsuccessful, theyre not balfouris) communal setups, theres not a whole lot to dislike unless youre uncomfortable with tiny teleporters. They're high on my priority list, for sure.

Last edited:

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
A nice dwarf baboon

Heavy webber
Good colours and patterns
Lightning fast
Good appetite
Fairly priced

z32upgrader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I loved my male while he lasted. Stupid fast and a great eater. Loved to web everything up. Males are really small when mature and females from what I understand aren't much bigger.
My male shortly after maturity next to his bottle cap water dish for size reference. Photo Oct 18, 5 54 33 AM.jpg

spookyvibes

Arachnobaron
Appearance-wise, definitely one of my favorites:D I’ve never owned one though, so I can’t really comment on anything other than appearance.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
Appearance-wise, definitely one of my favorites:D I’ve never owned one though, so I can’t really comment on anything other than appearance.
I learned some interesting things about them from the seller.

Think this will be my first communal attempt.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
Wont last long.
True, still not sure if i am even going to buy any juvies of this species as i have my eyes on a female H. namaquensis and C. Darlingi (female) as well. Still undecided on everything for the most part.

z32upgrader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Looking back at my records my male lived about 18 months. Flash in the pan sadly for such a cool species.

Last edited:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I just want to know what you all think of this species? I am t gbbinking about getting a few in a few days.
I know a couple breeders of these. One of them told me they are deceptively fast. He's a large OW breeder, and told me it's one of the fastest OWs he's raised. I've seen pics of them, gorgeous. The discoverer of this species made some interesting observations in the wild.

I would DEFINITELY get it. I will be getting one soon.

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
I had a sling for a short bit. Not sure what happened but it didn’t make it. All of my other slings have done fine before and after this so not sure what happened.

It was a really neat little thing while I had it. Pretty tiny, great looking spider and the webbing in the deli cup was really neat to look at.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Beautiful little dwarfs!! My MM has been in with my female for a couple weeks hopefully I get a sac of teeny tiny's ;)
2018-01-23 10.40.23 (2).jpg

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I learned some interesting things about them from the seller.

Think this will be my first communal attempt.
Give it a shot if they're cheap. I don't hear alot about communals with this species. And it's important to experiment.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I just want to know what you all think of this species? I'm thinking about getting a few in a few days.
Never seen em for sale so if you want some I’d get multiple. Seems rarer , I got an H Mac and a sling horned baboon no dwarf Africans . Good luck!!
I’ve not got any Ts in around 2+ years tho so I’m a little off the grid.