Opinion requested (please)

Asgard

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Dear Friends,

I would like to share with you my snake room (where I keep my Scorpions and Tarantulas also) and ask for your help/opinion about the heating system of my new scorpion boxes...

I have had to get new boxes...that I find very interesting to keep animals... but the way to proper heat them makes them a bit ugly...so I've decided to pass the heating cable lower...in one side of the box...but a bit low...like you can see in the picture...please let me know what you think about that...

Thank you very much

Kind regards

Last edited:

hotbugs62

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Check out Flexwatt heating. It's paper thin and you might be able to run it in the back were it's less noticeable. I think the 3 inch runs about 110-120 degrees fahrenheit so you'll need a thermostat.

Asgard

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Check out Flexwatt heating. It's paper thin and you might be able to run it in the back were it's less noticeable. I think the 3 inch runs about 110-120 degrees fahrenheit so you'll need a thermostat.
You think that the cable, like I have it now...is a bad idea?

hotbugs62

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If it's holding the temps OK then it should be fine. What works the best for you is good. The flexwatt is just thinner. There are several places that sell it. I had had some left over from a snake rack and tried it with good results. A good thermostat is needed so that's an extra expense. What works for someone might not work for another. Just depends on your application you have. Kingsnake.com has a listing in their classifieds under heating supplies where you can check it out.

Asgard

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It does work in what concerns desired Temperature...and since is in the back of the box..it is hidden... my only concern was the fact that such heating system will heat as well the substrate... but I guess it will be ok just like that...way too many expenses already hehehehe

Thanks for the idea!!

hotbugs62

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Oh I know about the expense thing LOL. Your set up will still give them the temp gradients they need, so stay with it. Just monitor the temps like at night and mid day to see where they are. I really like the clear containers, easy to maintain and they just look good.