one of the HAPPYest days... blue baboon

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanks for the kind words guys and again, big thanks to scarab. ONe sling got trapped in mom's webbings so I went to free it up. lol

I think I saw some slings cling onto mommy's underparts. Maybe they're feeding already.

By the way, 2 slings molted in the incubator.

Curious jay

Arachnodemon
Congrats, some stunning photos there too that webbing is crazy how big is she? Beautiful spider saw them for sale on the spider shop as much as I wanted it I don't have the experience or knowledge to dive that deep yet lol

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
wow.. this thread is awesome on a couple levels... congrats on your success Bosing, and much respect for scarab for lending the advise and posting it freely. these are beautiful ts and the hobby definitely needs more. update us as the slings get bigger please

tarantulagirl10

Arachnobaron
This is a great thread. I love the way the Moms care for their babies. All the more reason to love the balfouri :D

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well sir, we have a awsome Phillipino community in Town,...A very good friend of mine, and co-worker at my dayjob is from the Phillipines, and he has been in town for 15years,..and he loves it!

if you ever think about re-locating....look us up!

..and sir, where im from...we are all "kids of the river" ;)

.......i guess it would be tough to get all your Ts on a plane thoough??...lol

yeah.. that way it would be easy to trade baby Ts!!!

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well I caught the feeding act last night and so I decided to take the opportunity to document... (pardon the quality as I was in a bit of a hurry)

Scarab

Arachnopeon
Freaky !!!

I am of the (humble) opinion that during the first weeks of feeding, the young rely on regurgitated fluid of some sort. I have not witnessed such young babies feed on solids, yet they grow extremely fat. You might see groups them hanging from her mouth area like grapes. I am pretty sure they "drink", rather than eat, but I have no proof of this. When they grow a bit bigger, you should see the female present them with prey items that she has taken. She will catch prey, then take it down the burrow and put it down. The young will feed from that, covering the entire prey item for about 30 minutes, then disperse into the webbing again.

Maybe I should shut up now, I feel I am spoiling your fun with unwanted and uncalled-for predictions. Enjoy !!!

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
All good, Scarab. I actually see that same activity with my Holothele incei communal where the mom kills the prey, brings it inside the burrow, goes out again immediately and catches the next prey. THen the dead cricket/roach will be swarmed by baby Ts... BOODLE FIGHT!!!

Scarab

Arachnopeon
Yip, just like that !!

Well it seems my "job" here is done !! It was an immense pleasure watching this develop, an even greater pleasure making a new friend...

Until soon then!!

osephwithhoutj

Arachnopeon
another interesting sling care from bossing's experience(and from scarab) for this blue baboon.. very interesting.. want to see this hahaha... and i hope i can buy 1 too.. hehehe

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yip, just like that !!

Well it seems my "job" here is done !! It was an immense pleasure watching this develop, an even greater pleasure making a new friend...

Until soon then!!
Never done, my friend. Keep on visiting this thread. Who knows, I may pop a question or two again to which you will surely be able to bring light to.

By the way, I noticed the slings kept with mommy are getting fat. So I decided to put the other 4 slings who were in the incubator in as well.

another interesting sling care from bossing's experience(and from scarab) for this blue baboon.. very interesting.. want to see this hahaha... and i hope i can buy 1 too.. hehehe
You can just visit me anytime... the diversipes has not dropped nor has she molted either. Your MM is getting weaker, but he's still alive.

Say, once they get to a good size, mind exporting some slings to the U.S.? ;)
I wish I could, sir...

Such beautiful T's! Congrats! :D
This thread is packed full of amazing pictures and information!
thanks, guys. I will surely update and post some mor pictures if there's a new development.

Rich65

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Awesome thread and pics Bosing............And thank you Scarab for all the great insight on this wonderful species...