Species Omothymus schioedtei (a.k.a. Cyriopagopus schioedtei)

Goliath

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thank you. I was very surprized that hse laid another sac, I rerally thought she was going to molt.

mike

Well, I took the sac from her yesterday and opened it to find this.
mike

Last edited by a moderator:

Natemass

Arachnolord
Old Timer
haha thats awesome havent seen you on the boards in awhile mike, i still got your H.gigas i got from you in oct in manchester thing is crazy with tunnels. ive got him in an enclosure with a good 7 inches of dirt with gravel at the bottom and tonight i saw gravel all over the top of the enclosure he dug all the way down and has 2 different entrances. hey you going to manchester in April?

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My God! how cool is dat!!!

I jes got meself one of them beauties
sheza 7' real shy pretty one :D

Goliath

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hey Nate,

Thanks, I have not been around much, been busy at work. Glad to hear that the baby is doing well. They are great burrowers. I will be in Florida for work during that Manchester show but we will have a booth at the one in October again.

Thanks Anastasia, they are great aren't they.

mike

Arachnopeon
Just got it a couple of hours ago from a friend who introduced me to this hobby and gave me my H. Spinifer (3 instar now). Paid RM50 (approx US$15) for it.

At first I thought I was staring at a bottle of potting soil only.. till the lil guy crawled out. Still at the showroom for now so gonna take a good look at it when I get home in an hour's time. :D

Arachnopeon
Thanks. Local species, since I'm in M'sia haha. Your GBB looks pretty darn good, lookin forward to get one but not before I understand T's more.

Arachnopeon
:D I'll have to wait then.. 2 pokies coming in the next 2-3 days {D

Regalis & Lugardi addition

Got my 2 new T's today from leet (shipment arrived like 20 mins ago). Right on time and both made it. Some drama in the showroom when I tried to move the Regalis into its setup. Fella was jumping left and right all over the counter after leaping out from the vial.

Having problems getting the Lugardi out of the vial, still refuse to leave it so have to leave the whole thing in its new home. Fella started webbing the vial's opening.. wtf

Arachnopeon
The Lugardi finally got out of the vial after extreme webbing in it. Found itself a nice hole in the soil. Next gonna get a L.Violaceopes ;P

Arachnopeon
I haven't fully seen mine for the last 2 days, fully burrowed, just some legs visible sticking in and out of the entrance. Darn I gotta stop lookin at more threads, getting me very confused today lol

Hehehe. The Lugardi molted. Saw the remains in the web and I thought it died. Saw the newly molted fella drinking on the other end. Very aggressive, just chucked a mealworm in and it just pounced straight away :?

The Regallis turned terrestrial after moving to a new container.... ???? Haven't seen it near the top of the branches for a couple of day, unlike before. Don't know if the Schioedtei molted. Looks bigger but I don't see the exo anywhere.

Updates:

Sigh. I think a mealworm overpowered my Regalis. And then I left a gap a bit too wide for the Lugardi when moved it to a new tank. All I've left now is my Schioedtei and a new Cancerides. The C.Schioedtei has molted for the 3rd time 2 days ago with striking lines and orange hairs.

The new P.Cancerides (1 inch) is sort of blue-ish with silver hairs for now.. Pics to come soon.