omg chain pet shops are too much!

nicks75

Arachnopeon
Well Im back from the pet store and I didnt get it, the manager would not sell it for any thing lower than the $20 original price, which is not a bad price but I really never had a desire to get an obt right now anyway, I have a few other T's on my wish list I should be getting in another week or two.
They did however have the t listed as the right name and had "very agressive" written on the tag so thats all I really wanted anyway, so im not dissapointed.
So much for them saying that there not allowed to sell those, which the manager said they never get those in unless they are special ordered but that one was "mislabeled" Anyway atleast its listed as it should be so I accomplished what I wanted to happen.

vbrooke

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sorry to hear you didn't get the OBT for a deal, but at least you got the message across. Sucks though :mad: They totally should have given it to you for nothing more than their cost. :rolleyes:

worm's girl

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
we "adopted" (for the price of on-the-house) a red rump from petco (about $100 around here). it was labeled as a rose hair, $20, but we told the kid working there that we would like a discount because it was missing a leg. he's like you can just adopt it since its a disabled animal, nobody will buy an animal thats missing a leg! The leg was back after the next molt which happened about a month after we got her. now she's awesome looking.
the same store has had a MM pink toe on display for the last 2 or 3 months. the poor thing walks back and forth all day in its huge tank that looks like it used to belong to an anaconda. we would buy it but i dont think it has much longer to live.

ragingcobalt

Arachnopeon
pet store ignorance

i rescued a cobalt blue from a pet store. when i bought it it was on about 1/4 inch of wood chips and the genius that owned the place told me they were a desert species that likes it dry nd to not mist it....omg what an idiot..... thats why this thread isn't news to me but, its almost like they don't care because they're spiders not reptiles or mamals.