Okay, what did I find this time?

Sonofaglitch

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Mom found a large spider that had built a web next to the door...she wanted to kill it, but of course, I had a cup handy! I had to break the web to catch the spider, sadly...but it did tell me that the web was *very* thick and sticky. The web shape was the "usual" shape.

Spidey-stats:

(S)he is about 1" - 1.25" legspan.

Her abdomen is a tan-ish base color, with a white stripe down the center lengthwise, and breaking this up horizontally is first one brown strip with a thick gap of the base color and a continuation of the white after it, then the bottom part of the abdomen has the same dark brown horizontal strips with very thin base color and white stripes visible in between. The underside of the body is dark brown. The shape of the abdomen is a "pointed" oval, starting wide at the top (with some sort of hump that almost overlaps the carapace a little, it's weird), and ending thinner, but still slightly rounded.

her carapace is a lighter pale yellow-ish color with a very dark brown stripe in the middle of it. The legs are banded with brown and white, and very long. I think I see two pairs of eyes, in a top to bottom palcement, if that helps, but she wont stop moving so it's near impossible to get a good look.

Any ideas? I've looked and looked and can't seem to find anything! I live in Rhode Island, which I hope helps. The climate here the past few weeks has been warm and sunny, with little rain, if that matters. Thanks!

Sonofaglitch

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
:wall: Nope, just did a search and that isn't the spidey I found. however! A friend of mine took some pics of it for me and as soon as he sends them to me I will post them.

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
araneus cavaticus

Large orb web spider. rather commen spider, not sure how up to date the latin is, but deff an araneus sp.

Sonofaglitch

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
okay that makes me happy because those look a lot like it....Yay! lol I'm not scared but not knowing what it is drives me INSANE! Thanks!

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Very welcome a very nice little critter have one outside my window as we speak