Odd behavior? Maybe.

Boyd Blizard

Arachnopeon
Just curious. I have an L. dificilis that is approx 2.25" leg Spanish has molted three times in my care and has allways been a hardy, if not bestial eater. Since it's last molt however, it seems to be having a very difficult time eating. Several times I have seen it literally explode upon a cricket only to see the cricket escape a minute or so later apparently unharmed. The spider seems to have both it's fangs and nothing is visibly deformed or missing. This behavior has continued since it's last molt in the middle of February. I fed it a cricket approx four hours ago and it looks like it did when it first grabbed it, I can see it's fangs working on the cricket but they don't seem to be penetrating the cric. at all.
The spider does seem to be growing a bit thin as well. Humidity and temp are all well within nominal ranges. Any thoughts?

SgtSparkles

Arachnosquire
i had this with a rose hair. in my case there was cricket exo skeleton stuck in the t's mouth. pinch grabbing and removing it with tongs did the trick.

hamhock 74

Arachnobaron
Your L. difficilis has a two and a quater inch amigo on its leg? You should get that checked out

Boyd Blizard

Arachnopeon
Upon a much closer inspection it is clear now that the spider must have lost both it's fangs on it's last molt. So I took the spider outside and stepped on it to kill it mercifully. Just kidding, I squashed the guts out of a couple of crix and she seems to be eating them, or at least what she can of them. I will try to power feed her a couple crix every day to hopefully get a quick molt out of her and she can get her fangs back. Not sure what happened here but hopefully she'll be up and running on her own soon

8leggedloverlassie

Arachnosquire
Upon a much closer inspection it is clear now that the spider must have lost both it's fangs on it's last molt. So I took the spider outside and stepped on it to kill it mercifully. Just kidding, I squashed the guts out of a couple of crix and she seems to be eating them, or at least what she can of them. I will try to power feed her a couple crix every day to hopefully get a quick molt out of her and she can get her fangs back. Not sure what happened here but hopefully she'll be up and running on her own soon
oh boy you got me there!:eek: i just read th part where you stepped on it to get it out of its missery and i felt th rage boil up inside me and i was just about to give u a mouthful about how u could still feed it etc! but then i saw the 'just kidding' and i felt like a balloon being deflated! i was like 'OH THANK GOD IT WAS A JOKE!' LOL!:laugh: