ODB the OBT

iaminside

Arachnopeon
received my order from Jamiestarantulas this morning. i usually have everything shipped to my office so there is never a chance of missing anything.
This guy here came out swinging. as soon as i got the paper towel out from the vial he took off. i thought ahead and had my catch cup and a piece of card stock ready, thankfully it didnt take much to get him. that could have turned out bad! lol. i have decided to name him Ol Dirty B after the deceased wu-tang member, and besides that how fun is it to say ODB the OBT!?! just wanted to share. :laugh:

Attachments

le-thomas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
One of my favorite species! Congrats and enjoy your new evil orange spider :D

iaminside

Arachnopeon
thanks man. my list has gotten a little shorter this week. i also got a b. smithi sling and tomorrow im going to pick up an h. mac. its been a good week!

le-thomas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
thanks man. my list has gotten a little shorter this week. i also got a b. smithi sling and tomorrow im going to pick up an h. mac. its been a good week!
H. maculata are amazing spiders, even though they're very reclusive. Baboons woohoo! :D

uncle charlie

Arachnopeon
I love baboons so much, but living in south africa limits a person in keeping them, as far as I know, the only baboons in the pet trade we can keep is Hysterocrates spp. , Heteroscodra maculata and Stromatopelma calceatum. Don't get me wrong, I have all the above mentioned and they are great, but I would have loved it if we were able to keep Pterinochilus murinus and the Ceratogyrus spp. (especially the darlingi and marshalli).

Basically what I want to say is, appreciate all the beautiful baboons you guys can have!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Bugmom

Arachnolord
H. maculata are amazing spiders, even though they're very reclusive. Baboons woohoo! :D
Agreed! I can't get Pogo the Togo to come out and say hi to me for nothing. I think he's mad that I nicknamed him Fuzzybutt. I only know he's alive by the discarded and drained cricket legs he leaves for me.

Blame Tapatalk + "smart" phone for the typos kthnx

sbullet

Arachnoknight
Back before I was into tarantula's, around age 13, this one GREAT pet store in town had a good selection of reptiles, a couple t's, and lots of tropical fish.

One t would run up the side of it's critter keeper, and literally attack the plastic siding with its fangs if you would walk past, like, "TAP TAP TAP TAPTAPTAP TAP TAP!!!" I remember it being an "orange" spider, and also remember the word "usumbara"... it was an OBT. HAH! I have never seen anything so aggressive, and it's funny to think back and remember with the knowledge that I have now.

Anonymity82

Arachnoprince
That little guy is going to grow fast! I got mine right before Xmas 2011 and she's already at least 3.25". Absolutely beautiful too... when I see her! Honestly, she's usually half hanging out of her hide and at night I've seen her out wondering. She disappears for a few weeks after she's eaten enough and decides to prepare for molting.

Arachninja

Arachnopeon
Good name bro, I have two almost two inch OBT's and one is calm and handleable, the other is psychotic to say the least, it taps the cage with its fangs every time I touch it, and if I try to open it at all it bolts at my hand so it has perplexed me as to how I am going to change its cage but oh well I will find out soon, as they are growing rapidly.

Buck0525

Arachnopeon
Haha, perfect name for that little one. I must say they are a great to keep and easy to care for. Since day 1, mine has been like a rebellious teenager. "Just feed me and leave me alone" That is about all I have to do for him lol. Congrats, I hope you and"ODB" have a good day.

Crickeylynn

Arachnopeon
How cute is your baby. :). I am hoping to get one by the end of this year. Been reading up on them, and think I might be ready by then.