OBT Rehousing (pics)

cobaltbrew

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So my P. Murinus molted the other day, thus making my feel bad about its living conditions. I wasn't expecting a molt, and I do not know yet how much it has grown. It could not stretch out in its home. So I woke up early today, got a bus pass, and made my way up to the container store, where I purchased this for 16.00 dollars:

I then went to michael's, which happened to be right across the street and purchased some fake flowers, some moss, and this invaluable little thing:

That is a craft drill, and made easy work of getting good sized vent holes.
kay so here's what I did using Ecoearth, moss, fake flower, and a climbing branch from petco:

What I did then was take the bottom off the acryllic display case he was in and carefully pulled a lot of his web off. He didn't want to have anything to do with me and cowered at the top of the case. So rather than poke something up there I left the display case open in the new enclosure and i'mma see if he comes out of his own accord.

And just for shizz n' giggles, here's my H. Lividum hanging upside down in threat posture, striking at the container lid, followed by a pic of her lookin' all purdy:
V

Anyway, I'll post pics of the OBT when it wanders to its new home.

christian77

Arachnopeon
nice setup, I think it will be happy in there and have it all webbed up in no time. I have 2 OBT's my tanks aren't much different, minus the flower.

cobaltbrew

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
nice setup, I think it will be happy in there and have it all webbed up in no time. I have 2 OBT's my tanks aren't much different, minus the flower.
It's my first time using a fake flower. I'll call it an experiment. ;P

Update: the OBT has been successfully moved in. I ended up spritzing some water through a vent hole on the top of the display box and the little bugger peaced out quickly. No threat display or escape, nice and smooth. My P. Cambridgei was actually worse to rehouse.

Anyway, Sandolphon has perched on the flower and I expect him to be webbing in no time.