OBT has burrowed under the waterdish

Randomosity

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ok...my OBT's log was molding, so I had to take it out...he was angry of course.

Well, before I could get a new hide in the next day, he had rebuilt his dirt-bunker right next to the water dish.

Today, I found out he's burrowed underneath the water dish as well....and has tunnelled out the other side.

So now an entire corner + the area underneath the dish, has been converted into his bunker.

I'm just afraid it will collapse and the water dish will crush him.

but I also don't have anyway of removing the waterdish without sticking my hand down there....a thought I do NOT relish since there's bound to be a very angry OBT either under the dish or right next to it.

Randomosity

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
*note* I had transferred him to a new container that I had lying around and his old one has been cleaned and is now sitting empty

Xanzo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Do you have forceps you could use to remove the dish?

MeteoRa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
looks like ur OBT is in love with the waterdish... :D

Randomosity

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
nope, nothing long enough....besides, I'd need 2 pair because the ones I have don't grip very well.

Also looks like he's upside down, clinging to the dish (two feet are on the outside)...so if I remove it...I remove him :p

manville

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I doubt it will fall on him. They have very strong webs. It probably got it under control.

Randomosity

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I hope so...that little bugger came from some harsh conditions in the pet store I got him at.....so I would'nt want to lose him to a falling water-dish...not to mention he'd probably get laughed at in the spider-afterlife...

"What?! You got killed by your own waterdish?! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

manville

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Chffan1 said:
newb question, what species is an OBT?
there is no such thing as a newb question. everyone goes through that stage. OBT stands for Orange Bitey Thing. Its scientific name is P murinus.

Stealth Taco

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'd lure him out with some food if it is really bothering you. toss in a pinky and while he is busy with it, remove the dish. Or get one of your roomies to do it. It'd be a fun prank {D

mouse

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i wonder ...my t.blondi sling is always hugging the waterdish, if not on one side, it's behind it, or all over it or in it...
maby it on't want to walk all across the tank to get a drink :p
well it depends on the size of waterdish...i use condimentcups.
dianne

Randy

Arachnolord
Old Timer
manville said:
there is no such thing as a newb question. everyone goes through that stage. OBT stands for Orange Bitey Thing. Its scientific name is P murinus.
Could it be Orange Baboon Tarantula too ? well cos the common name of a p. murinus is Usambra Orange Baboon .. well i thought so .. :? {D

usumbaraboy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
lol i had this happen with my salmon pink and my uncle had it happen with his stripe knee and he thinks that they were stupid enough to get under there so if it falls they can get out and its not going to be like a bolder falling it would be a light fall not even cause it would like fall fast it would more likely slide down and obts have very strong webs. iv found that out when i moved mine so just leave him and if it falls then u have to worrie about everything

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
People should refer to P murinus on here by its latin name because I have seen so many new members of the board question what that silly acronym means. Really, it seems like a joke that has long worn itself out.

Stealth Taco

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
But thus is the glory and claim to fame of the P. Murinus a.k.a. Orange Bitey Thing (OBT), Orange Ball of Fury, and Usambara.

And Thus The Tarantula Moses did come down from the tallest Water Dish with 2 Woodchips engraved with many words. He did speak unto the tarantula masses, The one who hath rained crickets and pinkie mice and other dilectables unto the masses hath spoken to me. The Food Deliverer and Mister of Cages hath given these Ten Commandments to live by:

1. Thou shalt have no other food providers before thine owner.
2. Thou shalt not weave graven images unto thy webbing.
3. Thou shalt not take the name of thy owner in vain.
4. Remember thy feeding days and keep them holy.
5. Honor thy Owner.
6. Thou shalt not bite unless thou hast been angered or unless thou art an OBT.
7. Thou shalt not commit adultery until thine first mate is gone. Be he eaten or removed from thy cage.
8. Thou shalt not steal thy neighbor's crickets.
9. Thou shalt not bear false docility and then flick hairs, unless thou art an Old world tarantula, then thou shalt not bite.
10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's hide.

mouse

Arachnolord
Old Timer
hahahahaha
@stealth .....can i write that down?not claim as my own thou...
dianne

usumbaraboy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
that is sooooo cool and i think we should refer to them as obts cause its really what they are lol and usumbara is the same so i think its the person choice to use so let people use. so what if a few noobs ask about what an obt is.

FelixA9

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
JacenBeers said:
People should refer to P murinus on here by its latin name because I have seen so many new members of the board question what that silly acronym means. Really, it seems like a joke that has long worn itself out.
Lot's of luck. ;P