OBT first instars in burrow

PitViper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So my first sac, an OBT sac hatched at some point in the last couple of days and I saw the first instars out and about near the burrow entrance this morning, I am curious whether I should remove the female from the cage and open the burrow to move the first instars into an incubator style container, or leave them in with the female until they are second instar? I am also concerned about them fitting through the slots on the kritter keeper lid where they currently reside with the female.

Thanks,
T.J.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i havent paired OBT yet, but i would think that getting them out as soon as possible would be best..easier for you because they are younger...and its going to be bad enough getting mama out, let alone give the babies more time to get comfy and be wandering more when you decide to get her out...and yeah i would be worried about them fitting through the slots also....

wesker12

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Put something like pantyhose over the top -they can prob fit and catching escaped super small + fast obts is not fun.

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
They're not going to be climbing out or going anywhere at first instar, so no worries about that. Even after they molt to 2i, they will stay together for some time.

That said, if it were me, I'd remove them now since they'll be much harder to catch when they're fast 2is.

Mattybofmd

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
There much more slow at 1is when they hit 2is they are super fast I had 2 sacs totalling 189 2is in the same incubator and they remained together in clumps until i sold most and then seperated the rest. if you want to leave them with mom a little longer it wont hurt and they wont escape the 2is are too big to escape there not really tiny at all... IMO