nw heavy webbers

Amoeba

Arachnolord
Oh another reason Holothele > Chromatopelma is that Holothele don't have urticating hairs.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
You know i never really thought about that. Makes sense why you never see a Holothele with a bald butt.
Oh another reason Holothele > Chromatopelma is that Holothele don't have urticating hairs.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
is there any nw terstial ts that are super heavy webbers like obts? i want a new t that webs alot but i dont think im ready for a ow t yet. any types?
I know you are looking for a NW heavy webber, but I was too and eventually found "Heterothele villosella" - those are OW, dwarf species, webbing the crap out of the enclosure after some time. Except for housing it, I haven't seen any whatsoever aggression from mine. It instantly retreats in its webtube if disturbed. Only thing on the minus side is that at least mine is rarely seen out and about.

Just an idea to add ;)

GiantVinegaroon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am siding with Holothele incei as well. I love mine. She webbed up her jar like crazy. My Chromatapelma cyanopubescens's webs can't even compete.

Tarac

Arachnolord
I do like H. incei as well, I have just one gold that was recently acquired and it is really beautiful. It does make a nice web. I'm definitely getting the normal green form. Photos never do them justice.

But... I am surprised that no one has mentioned Psalmopoeus or Tapinauchenius species. Of all my Ts, the coolest looking webs have been made by Psalmopoeus. Awesome networks of tubes all around the enclosure. I have three and they all do this. My one Tappy is a heavy webber as well. I guess they are fast-ish if that's what you are trying to avoid with the OBT, but Holothele are too. I wouldn't even compare any of the former to an OBT though, mine is pure evil. If I disturb it's enclosure it doesn't retreat- rather it comes flying to the edge of it's web, poised to leap out through the first available small gap in the lid. Threatens, doesn't intimidate easily and doesn't miss anything. It just gets worse with age. Really an unpleasant spider to work with. IMO the others are like kittens compared to an OBT.

suzypike

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I started to add Psalmos. Mine make awesome tube webs too. My P. pulcher and H. incei are my best webbers at the moment. However I used to have 2 GBB males that webbed everything. The thing is GBB and the other two have different kinds of webbing do you need both (all)! :D