Now I understand the Pokie-love.

belljar77

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Holy Pokie! We just fed our P. pederseni for the first time (5", maybe?); ol' girl scrambled after that lat so fast the whole enclosure shook. I'm starting to get why people like this genus so much.

belljar77

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I got her from Bryan, and neglected to ask how big she was before he sent her. Once she stretched out those legs, I was terrified. And then she promptly molted and got even bigger. Yeah, I'm scared of her, but she's a beauty for sure. I guess she's settled enough, I'll try and get some pictures.

MichiganReptiles

Arachnobaron
Yay! I love pictures.

I'm trying to decide what my next T will be :) Every Friday I start looking (because it's pay day) lol. I don't feel like my week is complete if I haven't purchased a new T. It's becoming a problem. I may need a twelve step program. :p

belljar77

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I know, it's an obsession. I have three new ones coming Tuesday, plus a scorpion, for something new and different. We might go to Preuss Pets tomorrow, and it's a waste to go all the way there for just supplies and not bring home a spider.

MichiganReptiles

Arachnobaron
I really like Preuss. They have some good stuff. Got my beautiful little genic from Preuss. Definitely can't leave without a T.

I just bought a couple slings - B. boehmei and N. chromatus :D

Will probably order a 3/4" P. ornata and get a freebie - N. coloratovillosus from Swifts after I get approval from my hubby. :p

joshuai

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I just ran around my t room for an hour trying to catch my little female subfusca
fast little turd! and i finally got my smithi coming next week! i am in love with the genus! i think i am liking my rufi the most right now! Be sure to keep the door closed when feeding that is how the subfusca got out ran right up the tongs and jumped off my hand to the wall then down to the floor where i cupped her! few!

belljar77

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If our pokie escaped I'd probably have a heart attack. I already have nightmares of waking up to find pokies and OBTs all over the walls and ceiling. Waiting to drop on to my face. Although, the only one to ever show attitude is the boehmei. So enjoy yours, Toni, maybe you'll get a sweet one. And N. chromatus are little piggies!

jcrow209

Arachnopeon
If our pokie escaped I'd probably have a heart attack. I already have nightmares of waking up to find pokies and OBTs all over the walls and ceiling. Waiting to drop on to my face. Although, the only one to ever show attitude is the boehmei. So enjoy yours, Toni, maybe you'll get a sweet one. And N. chromatus are little piggies!
thats funny, my boehmei is a pet rock! I've got 4 regalis and 1 OBT sling, but the one that makes me nerveous is my H. mac!:eek:

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Pokies are so awesome. I don't get to see my regalis out like I used to but when I do, its so rewarding. Their colors and patterns are so striking and complex, the really are a treat to observe. And feeding time, they're such active and aggressive predators. Love the pokie :D

Blayde

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ive got a Regalis and Pederseni, both are flighty, but passive, where as my Ornata was flighty and aggressive. I have chased my ornata around 3 times(under the bed, up my closet door, all over my dining room). You want a rush, try holding one, if you can ;) . I have successfully handled my P. pederseni 1 time, and only 1 time. I wont risk it again. You think they move fast, wait till one gets on you, and realizes its on you. It took me 10 minutes to get her still enough to shoot a short video, then she took off again, and stopped on the back of my knee, where I took one more short video, then proceeded to chase her around my dining room lol

belljar77

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yes- I think they're lovely to look at...in their enclosures. Personally, I have NO desire to ever attempt to handle mine. She's cool in there, I'm cool out here, it's an arrangement that suits both of us just fine. :)

Blayde

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well, I only did it because I was cleaning her enclosure.

She was in a deli cup, and was calm, so I coaxed her out, but the second she stepped off the cup into my hand, she BOLTED. They stick to us really well, and apparently it spooked her a bit. She didnt get aggressive or anything, no strike posture or anything, she just kept running.

I wont do it again, I only wanted to handle one once, to say I did it, and because I really wanted to know what if felt like to hold something that beautiful. Since then she hasnt been bothered, and neither have any of my other pokeys. I stick to handling new world T's (rose hairs, and an L. parahybana, but thats a personal choice.)

MichiganReptiles

Arachnobaron
Yes- I think they're lovely to look at...in their enclosures. Personally, I have NO desire to ever attempt to handle mine. She's cool in there, I'm cool out here, it's an arrangement that suits both of us just fine. :)
+1 I have no desire to hold my pokies. My heart starts racing when I open the enclosure to feed and they are just slings :)

Miss Bianca

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My regalis is really slow, private and sweet, but all the others have that
rock the enclosure when you eat type of demeanor.

Oh and they grow close to an inch or more with every molt!
I love that.

I realized this when I got my first pokie last year.
A 1" P. fasciata which I named Flash ;)

Last edited:

belljar77

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well, here she(?) is, I know she's a bit slim, but she just molted a week ago. I think she's lovely.

Last edited:

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Congrats!!! welcome to the club..... i give you about a week;), then you would want to have the whole poecilotheria genus:eek:.... They are just like pokemon's you gotta catch or get em all{D:D...

Peace,
Armando

OxDionysus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was transfering my MM Pederseni to my Females tank and he ran up the tongs, up my arm and down my back to my leg. I lifted my leg up to try to coax it into its tank again and it ran down my leg and up my pant leg :wall:.
He got to my knee and stopped and I slowly sat down to try to get it out and someone sent me a txt and my phone viberated. I just about shart! I got him out and into her tank safely. :cool:

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was transfering my MM Pederseni to my Females tank and he ran up the tongs, up my arm and down my back to my leg. I lifted my leg up to try to coax it into its tank again and it ran down my leg and up my pant leg :wall:.
He got to my knee and stopped and I slowly sat down to try to get it out and someone sent me a txt and my phone viberated. I just about shart! I got him out and into her tank safely. :cool:
To bad someone wasn't recording that {D