Now I need A LOT of help! Urgent!

Geography Guy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I dupped all the soil into a large rubbermaid container. I have been digging and picking at the soil for 15-20 mins. But no centipede :eek:

*Passing out*

He couldn't have gotten out! It was my best escape proof cage. It had 5 locks, steel screen and even with the hieght of the soil plus centipede he couldn't reach the top.

View attachment 56683

WHAT DO I DO!

Last edited:

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Good luck!!!! Hopefully you find it soon enough... I propose you take a day out of school to search your house... Call in sick or something...

phil.

kraken

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I agree,I would pick through your house with a fine tooth comb!

Geography Guy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
kraken said:
I agree,I would pick through your house with a fine tooth comb!

That may be hard as it could have escaped a month ago. But I still can't see how it escaped. The ONLY place it could have the crack is as thin as a sheet of paper.

My life has officialy ended

dehaani

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
OMG! I've got mine in one of those!

Good luck finding it Geography Guy. :wall: :confused:

dehaani

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Geography Guy said:
Knowing my luck it had to be the worst of them all. A subspinipes around 6-8 inches
Even worse, I've got a 7" subspinipes in one of those! :eek:

You got to try and figure out what went wrong there, I won't sleep until you do!

Geography Guy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
wbs said:
Even worse, I've got a 7" subspinipes in one of those! :eek:

You got to try and figure out what went wrong there, I won't sleep until you do!
even worst I got a 10 inch one in the same kind of cage

Cheers,

Geography Guy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
well I haven't seen the pede for 1-2 months. Do you think maybe it died and disinagrated???

Cheers,

dehaani

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If something ate it, then there would be a very fat something in the substrate. Got isopods?

Geography Guy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
wbs said:
If something ate it, then there would be a very fat something in the substrate. Got isopods?

I don't know what isopods are? But there were those flies and the crickets I othered were all large and they didn't die from the centipede. Could the crickets have ate my pede? I heard they can eat Ts

Cheers,

dehaani

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Pills bugs or wood lice? That sort of thing. I really don't know about crickets eating your pede, I reckon it's possible.

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
before you move into the realm of the pede being eaten by crickets... you might wanna make sure that it didn't escape... getting lax in the though it got out is just the thing that will get you bit in the butt (by the pede).

Scorp guy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i coulda sworn mine escapes, but it was just under the water dish. look there.

Geography Guy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Bayushi said:
before you move into the realm of the pede being eaten by crickets... you might wanna make sure that it didn't escape... getting lax in the though it got out is just the thing that will get you bit in the butt (by the pede).

well I have no dead body to prove it's really dead but I haven't seen a single way for it to get out yet so I don't know what to believe

Geography Guy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Scorp guy said:
i coulda sworn mine escapes, but it was just under the water dish. look there.

As a matter of fact I took everything out and searched. I thought it might have been literally IN the cork bark. As it has tried before and there are lots a wholes. None really big or long enough for it though

Twilight

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Wooooo woooooooooooo, why are you guys really freaking out now. The guy said he hasn't seen his pede in a long time, if it hasn't bitten him yet since that "long time" has passed, then why are you all going crazy now lol. First off, calm down and just try to find the thing. A month passed in a dry house, it's a gonner, either that or it left your house already. Like someone said around here, pedes dry out fast, 1 week without water and it is done for. And if it was smart enough, it would be around a water source, like the bathtub or the sink, where it might be humid and give it a chance to drink maybe.

Freaking out now is a bit late, so calm down and just search, no need to cut school, unless it is in your opinion truly a desperate/horrifying situation. You guys...

Geography Guy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That's I way of putting it lol. I thought even if it did manage to escape it would be dead or gone by this time. I checked the bathrooms but even they are dry IMO. But if the pede wanted to live it would stay in my office (hottest, most humid room in house) But my house it dry and fairly cold (I'm a centipede, I crave heat and huimdity while my parents are Penguins they crave cold and a low humidity). But it's been at least a month since I seen it and by now as you said it would be dead or gone so I guess I just get another one :)

Twilight said:
Wooooo woooooooooooo, why are you guys really freaking out now. The guy said he hasn't seen his pede in a long time, if it hasn't bitten him yet since that "long time" has passed, then why are you all going crazy now lol. First off, calm down and just try to find the thing. A month passed in a dry house, it's a gonner, either that or it left your house already. Like someone said around here, pedes dry out fast, 1 week without water and it is done for. And if it was smart enough, it would be around a water source, like the bathtub or the sink, where it might be humid and give it a chance to drink maybe.

Freaking out now is a bit late, so calm down and just search, no need to cut school, unless it is in your opinion truly a desperate/horrifying situation. You guys...

Twilight

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Good! Thats the way to go at it lol. Least you have better sense then freaking out like some of these people. I've lost inverts before, but I've never ever been bitten by the ones that escape, same with the people I know that had them. Of course, unless you're unlucky.

Btw, lol, don't mind me asking but, isn't your office the worst place to be humid lol? Don't you have computers and other things that can rust or decay in there? Just wondering. OoO...maybe if you do have a cpu, maybe it is in there.

Buy a baby pede and start all over. Be like me, buy two, cause one isn't fun enough ;P