Now he's Webbing?

demonanjel117

Arachnopeon
:? Okay so that mature male A. anax I have is now webbing up his flowerpot hideout. Um if he's mature and I know he is, he wouldn't molt again right? Like I had said before in my last thread he hasn't been eating. I just looked in today and he's got like a quarter of the opening webbed up. Is he possibly going to go in there to end his days? :(

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

Also last night when I checked on him he was doing this. http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=212014 Th picture in post #3. Just laying flat like that in the middle of his cage...

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Possibly making a sperm web? They will not always make them in the same place. My Ts (all sizes, species and genders) often spend hours stretched out in various poses, including pancake and pokie.

How long Post molt to mature is he?

Marga

demonanjel117

Arachnopeon
Im not sure because he was wild caught. But he has his little punching gloves, would he load them up more? I thought they only did more sperm web if theyd already mated?

Verneph

Arachnosquire
Im not sure because he was wild caught. But he has his little punching gloves, would he load them up more? I thought they only did more sperm web if theyd already mated?
Nah, male T's make as many sperm webs as they please. Sounds like he could be doing that.

demonanjel117

Arachnopeon
hmm okay then. I guess I have nothing to worry about then. Sorry for all my newb questions! lol Well I guess he's kinda sorta good practice for when I start with my Pulchra!

Verneph

Arachnosquire
hmm okay then. I guess I have nothing to worry about then. Sorry for all my newb questions! lol Well I guess he's kinda sorta good practice for when I start with my Pulchra!
Honestly you may. If he's a mature male he's living on borrowed time. As for when, well, your guess is as good as mine. Right now he seems to be behaving fairly normal for a male.

demonanjel117

Arachnopeon
Yeah I know he'll be gone soon. Which is why I haven't gotten to attached to him. I would have liked for him to have mated once, Considering I dont know when he was caught exactly, maybe he has but It'd be nice to be sure ya know? I feel immensely bad about that. I feel that so long as I can keep him comfortable and happy, well what I think would be happy for a T {D then hey least when he goes he had that.