Not loxosceles

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
My new favourite spider song released yesterday and even though I am not from the USA so it doesn't apply to me it's great info .
As a side note when a study was done and the boffins asked people to send in specimens the other spiders in the vid are the sp ppl sent in all wrongly identified as loxosceles 😆 yes even a jumping spider 🤣

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Hilarious 😆 I don’t think I’ve ever seen a loxosceles but I see it’s challenging to identify them so I probably have.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Hilarious 😆 I don’t think I’ve ever seen a loxosceles but I see it’s challenging to identify them so I probably have.
If you live in their areas you have probably walked past hundreds . The man who made the song has a great vid on them on his channel. I have enjoyed all of his uploads full of info and funny.

zsiciarz

Arachnopeon
Google Lens algorithms should watch that... Not that I'd ever recommend that tool to identify arachnids, but for plenty of people it is their first choice. And it identifies most of our common European spiders as a Loxosceles or Badumna species :clown:

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Google Lens algorithms should watch that... Not that I'd ever recommend that tool to identify arachnids, but for plenty of people it is their first choice. And it identifies most of our common European spiders as a Loxosceles or Badumna species :clown:
I don't use Google lens but I must admit when I research a specific sp I do write it on Google, after ab of course 😉

Hardus nameous

Yes, but only on Tuesdays!
Arachnosupporter +
Is that how Loxosceles is pronounced? I've always pronounced it Loxosceles; I had no idea it was supposed to be Loxosceles.

goofyGoober99

Arachnosquire
My new favourite spider song released yesterday and even though I am not from the USA so it doesn't apply to me it's great info .
As a side note when a study was done and the boffins asked people to send in specimens the other spiders in the vid are the sp ppl sent in all wrongly identified as loxosceles 😆 yes even a jumping spider 🤣
I love this guy! I also recommend his video on Cheiracanthium inclusum and mildei for some more spider myth debunking.
The Loxoscoles paranoia is so ridiculous. We definitively do not have them in Canada and yet so many people will still swear on their lives that they or someone they know has been bitten by one 😂.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
I love this guy! I also recommend his video on Cheiracanthium inclusum and mildei for some more spider myth debunking.
The Loxoscoles paranoia is so ridiculous. We definitively do not have them in Canada and yet so many people will still swear on their lives that they or someone they know has been bitten by one 😂.
It's like that with false widows here everyone knows someone who knows someone, people are silly it's why ab is the closest I get 🤣🤣🤣
I watch all his stuff 😊 probably the best true spood channel I have found so far tbh.

goofyGoober99

Arachnosquire
It's like that with false widows here everyone knows someone who knows someone, people are silly it's why ab is the closest I get 🤣🤣🤣
I watch all his stuff 😊 probably the best true spood channel I have found so far tbh.
Definitely the best true spider channel I've seen so far. It's awesome to see the quality of research. He's Canadian so a lot of the spiders he talks about are actually in my house. Well technically my 2 Parasteatoda tepidariorum and Cheiracanthium inclusum were outside my door when I found them but my 3 Pholcus phalangioides came with the apartment so that definitely counts😆.

I guess there's always going to be a scapegoat spider no matter where you live... the concern about false widows cracks me up though those little guys are so chill you'd have to do smth pretty dramatic to elicit a bite 😆

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Definitely the best true spider channel I've seen so far. It's awesome to see the quality of research. He's Canadian so a lot of the spiders he talks about are actually in my house. Well technically my 2 Parasteatoda tepidariorum and Cheiracanthium inclusum were outside my door when I found them but my 3 Pholcus phalangioides came with the apartment so that definitely counts😆.

I guess there's always going to be a scapegoat spider no matter where you live... the concern about false widows cracks me up though those little guys are so chill you'd have to do smth pretty dramatic to elicit a bite 😆
Yep lived with steatoda in my home for years never been biten , I have kept a few of the females even had eggsacs that have hatched out and I released them in my big junk cubby 😆 I have done the same with Pholcidae, and Eratigena / Tegenaria and zebra jumpers all released either in my home or garden. We get lots of spiders in our back garden too orb weavers, lace weavers black and normal, tiny wolf spiders that carry emerald coloured eggsacs in the summer , even a colony of invisible spiders have claimed our fuchsia, several sp of crab spider too .
Anything I can learn about them I try to some stuff is way to technical for me but his stuff is just the right amount of technical and he makes alot more effort to explain in terms I understand. Always make me laugh too 😆

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
This is great! I have to send this to my non-spider homies who ask me constantly if there's brown recluse spiders in their houses in Connecticut.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
This is great! I have to send this to my non-spider homies who ask me constantly if there's brown recluse spiders in their houses in Connecticut.

The actual vid that this song came from he goes into detail about the habitat and areas these belong to its long but interesting even to someone who will never have the pleasure of finding one herself 😆.

goofyGoober99

Arachnosquire
I have done the same with Pholcidae, and Eratigena / Tegenaria and zebra jumpers all released either in my home or garden. We get lots of spiders in our back garden too orb weavers, lace weavers black and normal, tiny wolf spiders that carry emerald coloured eggsacs in the summer , even a colony of invisible spiders have claimed our fuchsia, several sp of crab spider too .
That's so awesome!! It's starting to warm up here so the outside spiders are starting to come out of hiding. Really hoping to find a zebra jumper this spring/summer. Would also love to see a black widow in the wild but they're pretty shy lol.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
That's so awesome!! It's starting to warm up here so the outside spiders are starting to come out of hiding. Really hoping to find a zebra jumper this spring/summer. Would also love to see a black widow in the wild but they're pretty shy lol.
Black widow is something I would love to see but again my location gets in the way 😕 .
We get lots of zebra jumpers in my garden and every year we get a female that lives on my living room ceiling, I know it's not the same one but I find it cool that I get one every year and have done for about 10 years , the one that left me an eggsac I saved off my cat she was stuck in the fur and rather skinny I fed her up let her go then realised she had left an eggsac in the corkbark she used as a home but by then she was gone . I watched the sac and after about 3 weeks I had about 10, 1mm baby zebras 😆 I let them all go where I released mum in the strawberry planters we had at the time . I am definitely looking forward to seeing what spiders turn up this year.

I actually kept Tegenaria as my first ever spider in training for t's, she was called Tetchy due to her attitude 😆 I caught her in my house as a tiny sling, she was so small i had no idea what sp she was. She lived 2 years before she one day just collapsed mid web i was watching her at the time, but she got to 3.5 inches and was my heaviest ever webber and most food aggressive sp I have ever kept . They hold a very special place in my heart.