Northern Arizona?

Purpleorange8

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Taking a road trip from from Phoenix to flagstaff tonight, anyone know of any species around there and a few general locations? :) Thanks

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Taking a road trip from from Phoenix to flagstaff tonight, anyone know of any species around there and a few general locations? :) Thanks
The flagsatff orange is what I think its called . Look it up , and you might be able to find one :) They are beautiful .

mickey66

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The flagsatff orange is what I think its called . Look it up , and you might be able to find one :) They are beautiful .
The Aphonopelma Sp. "Flagstaff Orange" is not found in the Flagstaff area but in the Sedona/Cottonwood area and lower elev.... the New river variant is a good one and its on your way....new river,Az or Carefree,Az. ;) This is a good time of year to be looking for them.....

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The Aphonopelma Sp. "Flagstaff Orange" is not found in the Flagstaff area but in the Sedona/Cottonwood area and lower elev.... the New river variant is a good one and its on your way....new river,Az or Carefree,Az. ;) This is a good time of year to be looking for them.....
Thats wierd lol . Cause its called Flagstaff orange , and I was thinking it would be located in flagstaff :p

Warren Bautista

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Please don't keep every tarantula you find there. Decimating the population isn't worth it in the long run.

Just sayin'.

Purpleorange8

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I am just looking for a female specimen Warren. Nothing Outrageous!!! Last Summer while I as up there I came across one of those bizarre mating hordes. I had to stop by car for them to cross the road. Took me about 45 minutes....

Letty

Arachnopeon
What is it??

Can anyone tell me if this is a Tarantula and if so what kind? I live in New River Arizona this one has tried and succeeded to get in my house over the last several days. I know that they return yearly to the same places and have read about a woman up here that is on her 21st year of visits from the same one.

Attachments

Bill S

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Can anyone tell me if this is a Tarantula and if so what kind? I live in New River Arizona this one has tried and succeeded to get in my house over the last several days. I know that they return yearly to the same places and have read about a woman up here that is on her 21st year of visits from the same one.
Actually, they do not return to the same place each year. The ones you see wandering are adult males in search of females (which remain in their burrows for the most part). Once a male matures, it's got one thing in mind, and one season to do it. The male will be long dead by the time you see the next year's wanderers. The woman who thinks she sees the same one visiting each year has in reality seen 21 similar males over those 21 years.

And yes, the spider in your picture is a tarantula.