Normal tap water for misting?

Egyptian

Arachnopeon
So I've been using bottled water for the water dish but I use normal tap water for misting? Is that ok? I read somewhere I shouldn't do that because it is chlorinated but others said it was fine for misting.

scorpionchaos

Arachnosquire
I have been wondering this as well I'm pretty sure you should spray them with bottled water because thats what you should give them to drink so what would be the point of avoiding that just to spray the tank with it?

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I drink my tap water and give it to my invertebrates for both drinking and misting, and have seen no ill effects from it. If it's safe for you to consume, it's safe for them to consume.

Egyptian

Arachnopeon
I drink my tap water and give it to my invertebrates for both drinking and misting, and have seen no ill effects from it. If it's safe for you to consume, it's safe for them to consume.
Sounds good enough for me! Thanks

---------- Post added 12-06-2013 at 12:30 PM ----------

I have been wondering this as well I'm pretty sure you should spray them with bottled water because thats what you should give them to drink so what would be the point of avoiding that just to spray the tank with it?
I thought about that too but it seems so tedious lol...I have yet to hear of anything bad to happen from it but I guess I'll find out

Boatman

Arachnosquire
I let the water stand uncovered overnight before using. Whether it makes a difference or not, I have no idea.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Up to the keeper. Some swear by distilled. Ive not had a problem with tap.

I used to be one of those who was anal about it. It's more about HOW and WHEN you water. However, if you do want to just stay safe, especially if tap water in your area has issues, use distilled.

telepatella

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I use Britta'd water for the dish and distilled for sprayer. The distilled doesn't leave deposits on the glass.

Egyptian

Arachnopeon
I use Britta'd water for the dish and distilled for sprayer. The distilled doesn't leave deposits on the glass.
Yea that's what annoys me about the tap water, the glass is stained. I'll try distilled next time.

MatthewM1

Arachnoknight
I let the water stand uncovered overnight before using. Whether it makes a difference or not, I have no idea.
This allows chlorine to evaporate but not chloramins or heavy metals.

I always have a couple jugs of water treated with dechlorinating drops around as I keep a few amphibians. I use it for all my inverts as well. A 4$ bottle of drops will last a long time if you arnt using it to do constant water changes on an aquatic tank

Sent from my LG-P930 using Tapatalk 2

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
the only inverts that shouldnt come into contact with tap water are crustacea, as tap water can contain a large amount of copper. And even then, im sure the danger is overstated, because I've successfully bred procambarus clarkii in pure tap water, from egg to adult.. But then again, that's a species adapted to living in america's unwashed groin, and the only crayfish species that can tolerate brackish water, to my understanding. lol

Aside from that, i give all my inverts tap water. In fact, I trust bottled water LESS. mountain springs my ass!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
In fact, I trust bottled water LESS. mountain springs my ass!
I can't remember the brand, but a couple decades ago on CBS's 60 minutes, long before the bottled water fallacy was sold to America, 60 minutes did a special on a famous bottled water brand...well the water came from normal tap from NYC. It was public water, not specially filtered by a company etc. In fact, people think NYC has dirty water, it doesn't. On average NYC has the cleanest drinking water in the country.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
I can't remember the brand, but a couple decades ago on CBS's 60 minutes, long before the bottled water fallacy was sold to America, 60 minutes did a special on a famous bottled water brand...well the water came from normal tap from NYC. It was public water, not specially filtered by a company etc. In fact, people think NYC has dirty water, it doesn't. On average NYC has the cleanest drinking water in the country.
Probably crystal geyser.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Probably crystal geyser.
Maybe, but that doesn't seem to be right. I don't remember the label of the company being light in color. Back then it was pretty shocking, now, well crap, what's more shocking is when a company actually tells the truth. They are all afraid to be honest.

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I always have a couple jugs of water treated with dechlorinating drops around as I keep a few amphibians. I use it for all my inverts as well. A 4$ bottle of drops will last a long time if you arnt using it to do constant water changes on an aquatic tank

Those drops used to remove chlorine from tap water are safe for invertebrates to consume?

MatthewM1

Arachnoknight
Most people I know of that have a collection heavy in amphibians use it for inverts. Mostly feeder colonies, but I've come across atleast a few others who use it with arachnids and have never seen negative effects. Nor could I find any claims of it being harmful searching around the Internet.