Normal post molt behavior?

Brachyfan

Deactivated account
Hey folks!

I got this G pulchripes on thursday and it molted on wednesday(the day before). All of my T's up till this one are about an inch dls and I have had most of them molt in my care. I have not had the pleasure of observing a larger t's post molt behavior before and just wanted to see if this is normal or not.

She didn't move for a couple of days and now she has been doing this all weekend. She will move from one side of her enclosure to the other and shakes her legs if disturbed. AFAIK she hasn't stretched out yet at least i haven't witnessed it.

Here is some pics

20190909_200838.jpg 20190909_200910.jpg

I also got this new enclosure that used to house a B hamorii adult. Is this decent for the t if set up properly? Obviously the t may outgrow this one.

20190909_202313.jpg

It needs to be cleaned obviously and i would use more substrate. And the sponge removed(it was in the enclosure before i got it :confused:!)Also... how long should i wait after a molt to do a rehouse?

Cheers!

Attachments

Last edited:

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I normally wait until they have had two meals after moulting before I rehouse them. Just in case they decide to refuse food after being moved.

Brachyfan

Deactivated account
Thanks everyone! I will wait for a while before attempting to do a rehouse. The kritter keeper is not that big and there isnt space for a hide but there is kinda 2 different sections so the t can "hide" in the back. I am excited to get the other enclosure going as well!

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
Normal. The enclosure looks fine though I'd probably add a tad more substrate to at least cover the bottom with a solid 3/4" or so. For larger T's about the size of the one you have I wait 7 days to feed, full grown specimens larger than yours I wait 10 days.

Brachyfan

Deactivated account
Normal. The enclosure looks fine though I'd probably add a tad more substrate to at least cover the bottom with a solid 3/4" or so. For larger T's about the size of the one you have I wait 7 days to feed, full grown specimens larger than yours I wait 10 days.
Thanks for the advice! The enclosure picture is from a different t (full grown hamorii). I haven't set it up yet as i am waiting for my rehydrated coco fibre to dry out. At that point i will put it together and post a picture to see what people think!

Cheers for the feeding advice. The good thing is that i can usually see the fangs so i can see if they are fully hardened.