next round of T's on my want list

n0rmal

Arachnopeon
i have already tracked down all these locally now its just a matter of saving money or waiting on my tax refund lol anyways i've been doing so much research this past week and found these T's to be either really rare, really beautiful or just plain awesome! right now im already at 20 T's all of them slings except my g.rosea. and these new T's would be slings as well.

so i want to get
Monocentropus Balfouri
Cyriocosmus Elegans
Iridopelma Recife
Psalmopoeus cambridgei
Grammostola iheringi (does anybody here keep one? Any info would be great)
Grammostola formosa (i want a g.pulchra but cant find one anywhere locally so im gonna get this instead)

my current T's
Acanthoscurria geniculata
Avicularia diversipes
Avicularia Urticans
Avicularia versicolor
Brachypelma albopilosum
Brachypelma boehmei
Brachapelma smithi
Brachypelma vagans
brachypelma sabulosum
Grammostola pulchripes
Grammostola Rosea
Hapalopus sp. Colombia Large
Poecilotheria metallica
Psalmopoeus irminia
Pamphobeteus sp.II “South Ecuador ” (thought it was a p.Ultramarinus but i was wrong lol)
Paraphysa Parvula
Eupalaestrus Campestratus
Nhandu chromatus
Cyclosternum fasciatum
Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens

Arienette

Arachnoknight
nice collection so far,
i wanted a pulchra for a long time and i never thought I'd actually find one...
but then i found a large (5.5-6in) female and i scooped her up in a trade.
she's priceless :)

also, if my memory serves me right, that C. elegans will be a pet hole..

and i just scooped up a m/f pair of P. ultramarinus and I'm sending them to one of the breeders here,
so keep an eye out down the road, cross your fingers for some slings!

i have already tracked down all these locally now its just a matter of saving money or waiting on my tax refund lol anyways i've been doing so much research this past week and found these T's to be either really rare, really beautiful or just plain awesome! right now im already at 20 T's all of them slings except my g.rosea. and these new T's would be slings as well.

so i want to get
Monocentropus Balfouri
Cyriocosmus Elegans
Iridopelma Recife
Psalmopoeus cambridgei
Grammostola formosa (i want a g.pulchra but cant find one anywhere locally so im gonna get this instead)

my current T's
Avicularia diversipes
Avicularia Urticans
Avicularia versicolor
Brachypelma albopilosum
Brachypelma boehmei
Brachapelma smithi
Brachypelma vagans
brachypelma sabulosum
Grammostola pulchripes
Grammostola Rosea
Poecilotheria metallica
Psalmopoeus irminia
Pamphobeteus sp.II “South Ecuador ” (thought it was a p.Ultramarinus but i was wrong lol)
Paraphysa Parvula
Nhandu chromatus
Cyclosternum fasciatum

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
also, if my memory serves me right, that C. elegans will be a pet hole..
I've had many C. elegans (and other Cyriocosmus), some were pet holes, and some were always visible. Even the "pet hole" ones were out and about at times.

Arienette

Arachnoknight
possibly the cutest tarantula butt ever.

I've had many C. elegans (and other Cyriocosmus), some were pet holes, and some were always visible. Even the "pet hole" ones were out and about at times.

Chicken Farmer

Arachnosquire
I have an adult female. I keep her like any other grammastola basically

Nice collection going there. Are you going to get slings this time also or a few adults?

n0rmal

Arachnopeon
I have an adult female. I keep her like any other grammastola basically

Nice collection going there. Are you going to get slings this time also or a few adults?
what about size/growth rate and temperament? im surprised these guys are not more popular in the hobby they are simply stunning!

Curious jay

Arachnodemon
Nice.

My next Ts (when this snow clears and its ok to ship and the dealer gets another batch in) will be:

C. darlingi (juvie)
C. Fasciatum (sling)
E. uatuman (sling, if it clears for dealer to receive them)
and maybe a P. irminia (sling).

Edit: forgot one, a C. Perezmilesi (sling)
I need the snow to clear and the temps to rise so I can release all my native true spiders as I need to room and want to re arrange my setup of my collection.

Last edited:

n0rmal

Arachnopeon
Really really! ;)

Just sayin even if you limit them to 1 gallon enclosures as adults, 20 1 gallon enclosures take up a lot of space.
yes i am fully aware of this lol i wouldnt acquire so many t's had i not known the facts. this isnt a "collection" so to speak haha i collect comics and car parts.. i keep tarantulas as a hobby :) for the most part many of my T's are in the 1/8-1/4 size and will take years upon years to reach any size that would require a 1 gallon enclosure... in which time i will surely have the space to keep my hobby alive and well i can assure you.

Chicken Farmer

Arachnosquire
---------- Post added 01-25-2013 at 10:41 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
what about size/growth rate and temperament? im surprised these guys are not more popular in the hobby they are simply stunning!

there a grammastola so they grow slowly i would assume. She's not on the docile side but not on the aggresive side. I got her as an adult though so it kind of depends on how they were raised if they were handled etc. She likes to come out in the open. I like her but theres other T's i want so as soon as she molts im putting her for sale. maybe somonecan find another and breed her.

macbaffo

Arachnolord
R: next round of T's on my want list

so i want to get
Monocentropus Balfouri
Cyriocosmus Elegans
Iridopelma Recife
Psalmopoeus cambridgei

my current T's
Avicularia diversipes
Avicularia Urticans
Avicularia versicolor
Brachypelma albopilosum
Brachypelma boehmei
Brachapelma smithi
Brachypelma vagans
brachypelma sabulosum
Grammostola pulchripes
Grammostola Rosea
Poecilotheria metallica
Psalmopoeus irminia
Paraphysa Parvula
Nhandu chromatus
Cyclosternum fasciatum
That list seriously lacks of African T! :p

n0rmal

Arachnopeon

[/COLOR]

there a grammastola so they grow slowly i would assume. She's not on the docile side but not on the aggresive side. I got her as an adult though so it kind of depends on how they were raised if they were handled etc. She likes to come out in the open. I like her but theres other T's i want so as soon as she molts im putting her for sale. maybe somonecan find another and breed her.
thanks for the info!

That list seriously lacks of African T! :p
lol i know right!?! i used to have an OBT that ended up being a MM hmmm maybe again someday...

oh yea i also added Chilobrachys fimbriatus, Cyriopagopus Schioedtei, and Lasiadora parahybana(only $9 lol why not, plus who doesnt love a HUGE T)

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

[/COLOR]

I think they are on the faster end of Grammostola. Our 3 inch female only had 4-5 months between molts.Awesome spiders though,I would love to get more of these for a breeding project at some point.

KJMinniti

Arachnopeon
Thanks, Shell; this is really good to hear! I've admired these little guys since I first saw them, but I like to actually see my Ts once in a while! Now I can confidently pursue getting one, knowing that I'll be able to enjoy that cute little butt!

n0rmal

Arachnopeon
I think they are on the faster end of Grammostola. Our 3 inch female only had 4-5 months between molts.Awesome spiders though,I would love to get more of these for a breeding project at some point.
i couldnt agree more :) i love mine so far!

Meezerkoko

Arachnoknight
I have a C. elegans sling myself. Initially I had it in an opaque container but quickly learned that was not going to work because I really wanted to see the pretty pet hole. So I transfered it to a clear container and made sure to make a starter hole with a narrow paintbrush (the non brush end) right against the wall and it worked. Its so neat to see all the tunnels. It's actually my Hapalopus sp. Columbia that I rarely see (she comes out when I water).