New vivarium with glowing shrooms!

Empi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I set up this vivarium today to keep my tree frogs in. I went on a little collecting trip into the woods to get everything I needed. The frogs love it! But I noticed something funny when I was looking at my scorps under the blacklight tonight. The shrooms in my vivarium glow! So I thought I would share some pics. {D {D

The vivarium.....

And the trippy glowing shrooms.. :eek:

Last edited:

Empi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah! Is that some funky fungus or what!

Malkavian

Arachnolord
Old Timer
oh that's AWESOME! What sort of frogs are you keeping in it?

Empi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Malkavian said:
oh that's AWESOME! What sort of frogs are you keeping in it?
Um I'm not sure what kind they are. They are just tree frogs that I catch in my yard. Nothing special but still a lot of fun to watch. :D

fangsalot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
wow cool discovery,i wonder what kinda shrooms they are!hott vivarium too!i wish i had access to live moss like that for floor covering of my terrariums.

Marcelo

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice!!!

Hey empi,

First time I browse in this non-t section

Nice shrooms pic

Saludos,

Marcelo

drapion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
empi are the tree frog you catch about 2 inches long,light green to dark browm,coverd in dark odd shaped spots,and have a dark band around the eye.If so they are pacific tree frogs.There all over down here.By the way the ones with dark throats are males.

fiveohatch

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i still want to make some sort of viv with glow in the dark mushrooms.

i forget the site that sells them. they've got a bunch of novelty shrooms on their site though.

Empi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
drapion said:
empi are the tree frog you catch about 2 inches long,light green to dark browm,coverd in dark odd shaped spots,and have a dark band around the eye.If so they are pacific tree frogs.There all over down here.By the way the ones with dark throats are males.
Yeah I looked into it and found out that they are infact pacific tree frogs. The males make all kinds of racket at night. I had to move them out of my room because they were keeping me awake.

stevenhman

Arachnopeon
You should pick a couple of those mushrooms before the caps open. That way all the spores are still trapped in. You can then dry the mushrooms and store/sell(*hint* *hint* :D ) them. To "plant" again all you'd have to do is crumble up a mushroom. Nice pics too btw!