New vivarium for my Goliaths

Nich

Curator of glass boxes
Old Timer
Put my vivs together for my Scolopendra sp. Two 10 gallons with standard misting setup.

Hydroton drainage, substrate barrier, AGB mix for the plants and microfauna, a pair of 10w 6k LeDs ratted ip66, and a little RS400 for the misting. The RS400 is temp, I just did not want to breakout my mistking as all the tubing is mounted to racks Ill be putting back up next year.
Standard microfauna includes dwarf white and purple isopods, three different kinds of temperate springtail, and I let a few gravid crickets deposit eggs for more cleanup/snacks in the future.

The female was given a small house gecko, dubia, large crickets for a week and burrowed on day two then closed up the hole. I am thinking she is prepairing to molt. The male has been acting typically, eating very well but was not offered a gecko...just dubia and crickets. Once the female resurfaces I will be trying to offer them some raw cleaned chicken as I used to feed my large pedes in the past.

Really excited about these ones, and planning on getting more shortly. Here are to pics I snapped today (except for the closeup, that was taken prior). I tried to salvage the closeup as it was the only one I could get before housing them, the iso was silly high.

Attachments

Cavedweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hope your pedes like their new setup

What's that fuzzy lookin plant in the middle of the pics? It's pretty cool looking

Nich

Curator of glass boxes
Old Timer
Thanks all!

Hope your pedes like their new setup

What's that fuzzy lookin plant in the middle of the pics? It's pretty cool looking
I believe it is an asparagus fern (the scientific name escapes me). Nice and hardy and non toxic ime, have kept them in various vivariums over the years.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Now that's a centipad. Where did you get that light, the one that looks like it has "10W" on on the front, what brand is it? It looks like a high quality little light.

Nich

Curator of glass boxes
Old Timer
Now that's a centipad. Where did you get that light, the one that looks like it has "10W" on on the front, what brand is it? It looks like a high quality little light.
Thanks. I got this one locally open box at a flea market, and found em online for $10. Paid $20 at the flea market lol. I think the brand is LE, they are outdoor security lights that come in afew different color temps and a very slim profile. Here's a link I found on amazon to them
http://www.amazon.com/Outdoor-Equiv..._sim_hi_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1MHCBRT752VWFAD0Q6JV