New to T's, got three of em' (GBB, Desert Blonde, Black Spot)

CUebbing

Arachnopeon
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens

Aphonopelma chalcodes. She loves to be held, doesn't like going back in her cage.

Don't know the name for the Black Spot. She's skinnier than she looks in the picture.

More pictures at:
http://photobucket.com/critters_2008

EightLeggedFrea

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Nice ts, but is that sand you've got the chalcodes on? Sand isn't a good substrate. Use dry peat moss instead.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Nice ts, but is that sand you've got the chalcodes on? Sand isn't a good substrate. Use dry peat moss instead.

Or you could just add some peat or cocoa fiber with the sand. 50/50 mix. A lot of these Aphonos come from areas where there is a lot of sand mixed with the soil. I'ts not as bad as some think but I would not go with sand alone.

NeXus1

Arachnopeon
Austin!!!

I am from Austin to! Got mt last T from David @Zookeeper a month ago. I was talking with him about my wish list one of which being a Poecilotheria Rufilata ( red slate ornamental ), and two weeks later he got a couple in. Congrats on the new T's.

Sr. Chencho

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Congrats on your new additions;

CUebbing,
I handled and drooled over your new A. chalcodes there in Austin 'bout two week ago. After the better half had bought over 200 bucks worth of slings, the purchase of this female was a little too steep for my pocket then. But she sure is nice. I'm glad you got her. Very nice GBB, too. We purchased a great looking female GBB from David as well. Enjoy your new Ts. and thanks for sharing your pics.

Fredster
Lean, not as mean
Still U.S. MARINE!

_bob_

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Haha very nice. I figured that you got them from him since he likes to make up a lot of the common names. Most of the slings that he has in his shop were bred by myself and/or Trish. If any of y'all are looking for anything let me know cause I'm about to start selling off a lot of tarantulas.

Bob

lhoy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I am another Austinite (well, Georgetown actually) and I buy quite a bit from David as well. We should start an Austin Arachnid Society!!

Lee

_bob_

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That would be really awesome if we did start some thing like that. There are a lot of people around here that collect/breed tarantulas.

Bob

NeXus1

Arachnopeon
Haha very nice. I figured that you got them from him since he likes to make up a lot of the common names. Most of the slings that he has in his shop were bred by myself and/or Trish. If any of y'all are looking for anything let me know cause I'm about to start selling off a lot of tarantulas.

Bob
Thats awsome. Have you got a list posted yet of whts becoming avialable?

I have been tossing around of a Hill Country Tarantula Society for some time. A thread needs to be started aimed @ Austinites & surrounding area to see just how much interest their is.

Last edited:

dunawayj

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well quite a few Austin folks after all.

Good looking Ts Cuebbing!

Yeah I just stopped by ZK this evening and picked up a Female and MM A. armada from dave. They were too cheap to pass up and since it will be my first breeding attempt i dont want to invest too much. Lets hope we get a successful pairing.

dunawayj

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thats awsome. Have you got a list posted yet of whts becoming avialable?

I have been tossing around of a Hill Country Tarantula Society for some time. A thread needs to be started aimed @ Austinites & surrounding area to see just how much interest their is.
Definately worth a shot.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You guys should get this moved to the Arachnofuctions section or get back on topic before something happens. Just a heads up.

lhoy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Man, how would connecting with another tarantula keeper in our neck of the woods be a problem for the moderators? I would think a tarantula society forming out of a post would be a great thing!!

Lee

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Simply because it's off topic from the original post. I could care less, I was just putting the bug in your ear. Read the posting rules.

lhoy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well, I do appreciate the heads up. Some forums get real tight on that so if it did bother the moderators and the original poster I apologize. At Jeremy's suggestion I have created a seperate thread.

To keep this on topic, I think most of us have bought those same T's from Dave at ZK as well. Also, Dave has been keeping T's for a LONG time and he keeps a lot of T's on sand.

Nice pictures as well.

Lee