New Tarantula?

m1ke386

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone! Great forum. I was wondering if any of you heard of this type of tarantula before. the name is Indian Velvet. If you do, what is the scientific name for this species. I have done some research and the only name i can come up with is the chilobrachys fimbriatus (Indian Violet) Thanks alot.

Mike.

Waryur

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hmm the only "velvets" i know of are:

Acanthoscurria insubtilis - Bolivian black velvet (Bolivia)
Acanthoscurria musculosa - Brazilian black velvet (Brazil)
Aphonopelma caniceps - Mexican black velvet (Mexico)
Megaphobema peterklaasi - Costa Rican black velvet (Costa Rica)
Megophobema velvetosoma - Brown velvet (Ecuador)
Thrixopelma pruriens - Peruvian green velvet / Chilian Spiny i have no idea on this ne i googled it, got 2 names...either way it aint from India

Maybe someone else knowes

Windchaser

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Honestly, common names are not very reliable, especially for less common species. Many times stores selling tarantulas have little or no knowledge of them and will make up names or mislabel them with the wrong common name. There are some common names that can be trusted. However, without a picture, all we can do is guess. And even then there is a good chance we would be wrong.

fleshstain

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i agree with above comments....i've never heard of an indian velvet....are you sure it's not an indian violet?

usumbaraboy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
iv heard of a tarantula being labled as an idian velvet but i never bought it. it was brown and was probably 6inches maybe im not sure. this was a long time ago when i was just getting started in the hobby