New T owner

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
There was a first hand account of an OBT bite here a couple years ago. Serious pain and cramps, the guy went to the hospital.
A Pterinochilus murinus bite report video I saw on YouTube the other week:

"Huge, huge amount of pain. I've never experienced pain like this in my life. (I've been stabbed before.) This brought me to my knees for about 30 minutes -- 30 minutes of constant, constant pain. Never felt anything like it -- pain from the moment that I was bitten."

cold blood

Staff member
I will stick with the rosea, Lasiodora parahybana & if i can find one, a ‎N. incei.

Thanks for the advice
A rosea isn't a bad choice as long as you have others.

A. geniculata or N. chromatus are also good choices to look at, both are very much like the LP in every way, but look much more striking....and both often can be found as fast growing slings at very low prices.

Good luck, I hope they have what you want.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
+1 for the A.geniculata. They are beastly eaters, grow fast on regular feeding and roomtemp, and look stunning. Also readily available and not very expensive. :)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
"Huge, huge amount of pain. I've never experienced pain like this in my life. (I've been stabbed before.) This brought me to my knees for about 30 minutes -- 30 minutes of constant, constant pain. Never felt anything like it -- pain from the moment that I was bitten."
It's because he was never bitten by an Asian centipede :-s

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
A Pterinochilus murinus bite report video I saw on YouTube the other week:
I've watched that video before. The best part is when he tells her new person how laid back and nice she is and not to hold it against her.
I hope she does well in her new home.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I've watched that video before. The best part is when he tells her new person how laid back and nice she is and not to hold it against her.
Yeah, laid back until you try to box her up.