New sling enclosure idea

JNG

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
better patent that idea before somebody realizes it would make some money

MacKenzie001

Arachnopeon
I have a case from an Ipod nano, it's yours if you want. Just send me a self addressed, stamped envelope.

Shoot me an e-mail if your interested, milburn11039@hotmail.

-Mak

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
So because of reading this thread, I had a dream last night that I was in a Circuit City and I saw an empty case just sitting on a shelf, so I took it.

Then some security guy came up to me and pretty much accused me of stealing.

Thanks, Rob! :}

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
So because of reading this thread, I had a dream last night that I was in a Circuit City and I saw an empty case just sitting on a shelf, so I took it.

ROFLMAO LOLOL {D

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I second that, my craft stores near my house sell these display cases for really cheap and they come in different shapes and sizes. Easy to drill through and if the top doesnt fit on nice and snug like you want it to, you can always add a thin layer of hot glue to the inside of the lip and let it dry, usually does the trick for me. about 80% of my T's are in these containers, the biggest size that i've found so far will be big enough for most of my pokies until they get really big then they will get a nice final enclosure, maybe an exo-terra or something.

JNG

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i took a little 3" x 5" x 3" deep plastic container that macaroni salad came in. washed it. cut a hole in the lid. couldnt find any mesh. so got lazy, i live in some apartments. cut a square off the screen on my window, and put that on the lid to vent some. put some substrate in it. a little water. a couple sticks. and walla. actually have a little mesh somewhere. just too lazy to look for it. aint put my sling in it yet. waiting for the glue to dry on the mesh i put on the lid. used elmers glue. probly put him in it in a few hours. see how he likes it. Maybe i could duct tape that hole in the screen.

Last edited:

ShellsandScales

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Great idea robc! I like to use the gerber plastic baby food containers but I don't have any friends w/ infants so I only get them once in a great while. Also I like to use the applesauce/fruit cups that my wife gets for water dishes. They are the perfect size for t's 2" and up. I like to recycle lots of containers. That is one of the awesome things about T's, thier houses are basically only limited by your imagination and for the most part are very low cost so you can put more money into the T's themselves. Very different from trying to set someone up properly for turtles. It never fails to blow someone's mind when they realize they need $200+ in equipment to properly care for a $15 turtle.

JNG

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i took a little 3" x 5" x 3" deep plastic container that macaroni salad came in. washed it. cut a hole in the lid. couldnt find any mesh. so got lazy, i live in some apartments. cut a square off the screen on my window, and put that on the lid to vent some. put some substrate in it. a little water. a couple sticks. and walla. actually have a little mesh somewhere. just too lazy to look for it. aint put my sling in it yet. waiting for the glue to dry on the mesh i put on the lid. used elmers glue. probly put him in it in a few hours. see how he likes it. Maybe i could duct tape that hole in the screen.
finally put my sling in it. got a couple twigs in there too. soon as i put him in it, it ran around a couple laps, then went up a twig, and there he sits. well, theres two in there, kinda close together. so, he's jumpin from one to the other. but that worked out pretty good.

blazetown

Arachnodemon
Old Timer

Not that it has anything to do with anything but did you know that a dream is a drug trip? Your brain produces DMT or dimethyltryptamine...It has something to do with the chemical processes going on while you are asleep.

mafiamike

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I used the Ferrer Rocher containers too, they are very nice looking for small T's.

Right now I just have a bunch of Ziploc Twist 'n Loc containers for my slings.