1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Scorpion Species

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by Kugellager, Oct 22, 2002.

1. Kugellager

Kugellager ArachnoJester Arachnosupporter

Advertisement
    Here is something I saw on the Scorp Fans site.

John
    ];')

Subject: NEWSFLASH! New Leiurus species discovered!

Hi all!

I just have been informed by Professor Wilson Lourenço that he and two
    other researchers have published the discovery of a new species of
    Leiurus from the central deserts of Jordan.

http://www.ub.ntnu.no/scorpion-files/l_jordanensis.jpg

The name is Leiurus jordanensis
    Lourenço, Modry & Amr, 2002, and the discovery was published in Revue
    suisse de Zoologie, 109 (3): 635-642.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2002
  2. MrDeranged

MrDeranged He Who Rules Staff Member

I read that also, but was way too lazy to view the picture. Too many clicks involved. Did you ask the pic owner if you could post it here? Maybe a link to the The Scorpion Files is in order at the very least :) Awesome looking scorp. I never knew they came in black!!! :)

Scott

3. skinheaddave

skinheaddave SkorpionSkin Arachnosupporter

You know that drooling sound that Homer Simpson makes when he thinks of food? Well that's the sound I made when I saw that picture. Probably the coolest scorpion picture I've seen in a long time.

Cheers,
    Dave

4. Kugellager

Kugellager ArachnoJester Arachnosupporter

You can't possibly like that one Dave...Its not in monochrome:D...there are at least two distinct coloration zones on that scorp.

I want one too...even though it is prob pretty hot

John
    ];')

5. skinheaddave

skinheaddave SkorpionSkin Arachnosupporter

John,

LOL! Yes, it is dichromatic. Still, it's sweet-looking. Some scorpions are like the blue K-car with the red door and silver rear quarter-panel. Very colourful, but not particularily aestheticaly pleasing. ;) This new Leirus is like a tricked out car with some sweet racing stripes. ;) Another example of this sort of pleasing dichromatism is G.flavopiceus. Actualy, I guess they are trichromatic, but that's not the point. ;)

Cheers,
    Dave

6. Wade

Wade Arachnoking Old Timer

I was also gona post that link here but John beat me to it. I should have known!

I've never been interested in owning L. quinquestriatus myself, Androctonus and Parabuthus are much better looking "hot" scorps in my opinion. This new Leiurus, however, is something else! I'd buy that in a heartbeat!

Wade

7. Alex S.

Alex S. Arachnolord

Leirus jordanensis

Wow, that is definetely one of the most awesome scorpion species I have ever seen!

Leirus jordanensis- Jordan Dark Deathstalker :D

Alex S.