New pink toe enclosure

CloudSurfr

Arachnopeon
Think this is where I need to be, I’ve never done this before. 😅😅

I just recently rehoused a pink toe tarantula that I got a week and a half ago, I get super anxious and was just wondering if this current enclosure was suitable.

Attachments

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Think this is where I need to be, I’ve never done this before. 😅😅

I just recently rehoused a pink toe tarantula that I got a week and a half ago, I get super anxious and was just wondering if this current enclosure was suitable.
Looks good to me what type of bin is that?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Looks decent. Don’t expect it to drink from the dish, they don’t do that often. A dish higher up for an Avic is more likely to be used generally

CloudSurfr

Arachnopeon
Looks decent. Don’t expect it to drink from the dish, they don’t do that often. A dish higher up for an Avic is more likely to be used generally
If it’ll assure that they’re getting water, then I’ll definitely consider placing it higher up. I’ve heard about lightly spraying the walls of the enclosure, but I’ve been reluctant in doing that.

Last edited:

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
I’d give it more and bigger silk pet leaves towards the top to construct web tunnels in and also glue a water dish up higher up.

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
If it’ll assure that they’re getting water, then I’ll definitely consider placing it higher up. I’ve heard about lightly spraying the walls of the enclosure, but I’ve been reluctant in doing that.
a light spriz into the web or on the sides of the plastic won't hurt it

making it rain and soaking the substrate through by extension should be avoided

keeping a corner slightly moister isn't a problem.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
A good first enclosure for an Avicularia, I would personally add a bit more fake leave cover in the top 30% or so of the cork bark to web onto, but beyond that it looks good!! Looks like you read and listened to the suggestion of the AB members! Good on you for that!

CloudSurfr

Arachnopeon
Thank you all for the wonderful feedback, it’ll really help me make sure I’m giving my new pal the best life possible