New Pics from me

more_rayne

Arachnopeon
The Hottentotta judaicus looks awesome with just the tip of it's claws a different color. The fat tail is cool too.

BAM1082

Arachnoknight
Awesome Pictures.

Some species ive never seen before.... that Grosphus grandidieri is sumthing else!

mma316

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Magnificent

I see you've fallen in love with Buthidae. I also share the same passion for them, but I must :worship: to you. You possess collection to :drool: over!

Goon_CH

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thank you for the compliments.

Here are new photos for you :)

Hottentotta jayakari 2.Instar:

Hottentotta tamulus sindicus 2.Instar:

Euscorpius sp (Kosovo):

Orthochirus innesi:

And a new Hottentotta jayakari with scorpling:

Last edited:

Roy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello,

Wonderful pictures as always, and great looking specimens!!

Can you please tell us if you are able to breed the Orthochirus successfully and raise the instars? I have been thinking about giving these a try but heard that breeding is extraordinarily difficult in the first place, and even if they do give birth, the instars always die young.

I was just wondering if you have experienced the same difficulties as well.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Goon_CH

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi Roy

I breed the Orthochirus innesi not and can not therefore speak from personal experience.
But like you said the discipline seems really very difficult. Especially the young adult to get. Supposedly in this species a large failure rate.

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Have you tried feeding the instar some crush crickets ? I learned this from a friend and works great on other sp. but I never tried it on Orthochirus sp. I currently have two pregnant female right now. I still don't know how I'm going to raise the babies but so far I will try that technique. If you guys know a better way on slings husbandry please let me know.